Root And Install TWRP Recovery On A flagship LG G2 Running Android Lollipop
Two months ago, LG began rolling out an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop for their flagship LG G2. If you are an Android power user and have an LG G2 in which you’ve installed this update, you are now probably looking for a way to gain root access on it.
In this post, were going to show you a easy method by which you can root all version of the LG G2 running on Android Lollipop. The rooting method we’re going to show you here uses One-Click Root Tool. As a bonus, were also going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on in.
Prepare your device:
- First of all, make sure that your device is one of those listed below. Using this with any other devices could brick the device.
- LG G2 D800 AT&T
- LG G2 D801 T-Mobile
- LG G2 D802 Global
- LG G2 D803 Canada
- LG G2 D805 Latin America
- LG G2 LS980 Sprint
- LG G2 VS980 Verizon
- LG G2 D852G
- Make sure that your phone is charged to around 50 percent to prevent you from running out of power before process finishes.
- Back up all important SMS messages, contacts, call logs, and media content.
- Have an original data cable to connect your phone and a PC.
- Disable Firewall and Anti-virus programs first. You can turn them back on when installation is finished.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings>About Device. In About Device, look for the build number. Tap the build number 7 times to activate Developer Options. Go back to Settings and click on Developer Options>Enable USB debugging.
- Download LG USB drivers onto your PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root LG G2 Running Android Lollipop & Install TWRP Recovery
- Download LG_One_Cick_Root_by_avicohh.exe f
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Run LG One Click Root Installer.exe file.
- Follow on-screen instructions to root your device.
- If your device isn’t recognised by the PC, try switching between MTP and PTP mode.
- If you get an error message “MSVCR100.dll is missing”, you need to install Visual C++ Redistributable. Get it here: 32 Bit | 64 Bit
- Download and install the proper AutoRec application for your LG G2 variant
- LG G2 D800 AT&T – Download AutoRec
- LG G2 D801 T-Mobile – Download AutoRec
- LG G2 D802 Global – Download AutoRec
- LG G2 D852G – Download AutoRec
- LG G2 VS980 Verizon – Download AutoRec
- When AutoRec application has been installed, go to app drawer and open it from there.
- The first time that you open AutoRec it will automatically create some important backups. When this is done, tap the “Flash TWRP” button.
- Grant SuperSu permissions.
- Turn the phone off and reboot it into recovery mode.
Have you rooted and installed TWRP on your LG G2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.