The Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Samsung has been releasing updates to Android 5.0 Lollipop for most of its mainstream devices. One of the most recent devices to get this update is the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
If you have a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and you have installed the update to Android 5.0 Lollipop, you will find that updating wiped root access from your device. If you want to get root access again, or if you want to get it for the first time, we have a method you can use.
In this post, we are going to show you how you can root a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 version SM-P900 (WiFi), SM-901 (3G) or SM-P905 (LTE) that is already running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. As a bonus, we are also going to show you how to install TWRP custom recovery. Follow along.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for use with a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 (WiFi), SM-901 (3G) or SM-P905 (LTE). Using this guide with any other device could end up bricking the device.
- You device needs to already be running Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher.
- Back up your important contacts, sms messages, call logs and media content.
- Charge device to around 50 percent to prevent it from running out of power before process is finished.
- Disable Samsung Kies on your device and any Firewall and Anti-virus programs you have on your PC. You can turn them back on when finished.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Samsung USB drivers (install on the PC)
- Odin3 v3.10. (install on the PC)
- The appropriate TWRP recovery.img.tar file for your device
Root Android Lollipop & Install TWRP On Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
- Open Odin.exe
- Click on either the PDA or AP tab and then select the TWRP file that you downloaded.
- Make sure that the options F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot are ticked on Odin. Leave all other options as is.
- Put your device into download mode by first turning it off then turning it on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power buttons. Your phone should boot up and you will see a warning., Press volume up to continue.
- While in download mode, connect your device to your PC.
- Odin should automatically detect your device. When it does you will see a blue or yellow indicator in Odin’s ID:COM box.
- Click the start button.
- Odin will flash TWRP. When flashing is finished, your device will be rebooted.
- Disconnect the device from the PC. Turn the device off.
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons down until the device boots up.
- In recovery mode: Install>locate copied SuperSu.zip>select and swipe finger to flash.
- When SuperSu is flashed, reboot the device. Go to the app drawer and check that SuperSu is there.
- Use Root Checker application to check that you have root access.
Have you rooted and installed a TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running Android Lollipop?
Share your experience in the comments box below.