Xperia Z1 Compact Android 5.1.1
Sony released an update for their Xperia Z1’s to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop just a few days ago. The Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 was one of the variants that received the update.
The update’s build number is 14.6.A.0.368 and it brings a handful of improvements and performance enhancements to the device. If you’re planning to get the update, you’re going to need to root your phone. However, due to some limitations set by Google to the core Android 5.1.1 Lollipop system, you can no longer directly root your phone.
If you’re looking for a way to root your Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 running this latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, we’re found a method for you. In this guide we are going to show you how to root and install CWM/TWRP recovery on an Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 firmware.
Prepare your phone:
- This is only for use with an an Xperia Z1 Compact D5503
- Check the devices model number by going to Settings -> About device.
- Make sure the battery has at least over 60 percent charge so it doesn’t run out of power before flashing ends.
- Back everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Back up important media content by copying to a PC
- If you have a rooted device, use Titanium Backup to back up apps, systems data and other important content.
- If you have a previous version of CWM or TWRP, create a Backup Nandroid
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root & Install Recovery On Xperia Z1 Compact Android 5.1.1 14.6.A.0.368 Firmware (2-Steps)
1. Downgrade to .108 Firmware and Root It
- If you have updated your smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, you need to downgradeto KitKat OS and Root it.
- Install .108
- Root the device.
- InstallXZ Dual
- Now enable USB Debugging.
- Download the latestinstaller for Xperia Z1 Compact (Z1 Compact-lockeddualrecovery2.8.X-RELEASE.installer.zip) here
- Connect phone to PC with OEM date cable and runbat.
- Customrecovery will install
Let’s move on to next step.
2. Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For .368 FTF
- Download 6.A.0.368 FTF and place it anywhere on PC.
- DownloadZ1 Compact-lockeddualrecovery2.8.X-RELEASE.flashable.zip here
- Create a pre-rootedfirmware
- When the Flashable ROM is created, you will see a successful
- Do not touch any other options while the pre-rooted firmware is being created.
- Copy the pre-rootedfirmware to phone’s internal storage.
Move on to next step.
Note: If you don’t want to create a pre-rooted flashable zip yourself, you can download it for your phone’s specific model number and use it in the guide here .
Root and Install Recovery on Z1 Compact D5503 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware
- Turn off the phone.
- Turn the phone on again and press volume up or down repeatedly. This will cause it to enter custom
- Click installand locate the folder where you placed the flashable zip.
- Tap on andinstall
- Reboot phone and find SuperSu in app drawer.
- InstallRoot Checker from the Google Play Store to verify root access.
Have your installed a custom recovery and rooted your Xperia Z1 Compact?
Share your experience in the comments box below.