Sony’s Xperia Z3 D6603 Running 23.1.A.0.726 5.0.2 Firmware
The latest update that Sony has released for their Xperia Z3 is to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. This update has build number 23.1.A.0.726 5.0.2. In this post, we are going to show you how to gain root access on a Xperia Z3 after installing this update. We are also going to show you how to install Phiz Touch/TWRP dual recovery.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide will only work with a Xperia Z3 D6603. If you use it with other devices, you will brick the device. Check your model number by going to Settings>About device.
- Charge phone to at least over 60 to prevent it from running out of power before process is complete.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not available, go to About Device first and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times then go back to Settings. Developer options should now be seen.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3
If you don’t see Flashtool drivers in Flashmode, skip this step and instead, install Sony PC Companion
- Have an original OEM data cable to connect device and a PC or laptop.
- Unlock device’s bootloader
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Steps For Rooting Xperia Z3 23.1.A.0.726 Firmware
- Downgrade to 23.0.A.2.93 Firmware first and root
- Install XZ Dual Recovery.
- Download latest installer here. (Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.xx-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Connect phone to PC with OEM date cable and run install.bat.
- Custom recovery will install.
- Make Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For .726 FTF
- Download and install PRF Creator .
- Download SuperSU zip on your PC
- Download the latest .756 FTF from Sony’s site.
- Download Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.xx-RELEASE.flashable.zip
- Run PRFC and add all three required files in it.
- Click Create.
- When the Flashable ROM is created, you will see a successful message.
- Keep all options as is
- Copy pre-rooted firmware to internal storage of phone.
Note: You can skip creating a pre-rooted flashable zip and just download one from the download links given below.
- Root and Install Recovery on Z3 D6603 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware
- Turn off the device
- Turn it on and press volume up or down repeatedly to go to custom recovery.
- Click install and locate folder where you placed the flashable zip.
- Tap on and install it.
- Reboot phone.
- If phone is connected to PC, disconnect it.
- Now go back to.726 ftf downloaded in second step and copy it to /flashtool/fimrwares
- Open flashtool and click the lightning icon on the top left.
- Click on flashmode.
- Select.726 firmware.
- In right bar, in exclude options, exclude. Leave every other option as it is.
- While flashtool prepares software for flashing, turn off device
- Keep volume down button pressed and connect device to PC.
- Device will enter flashmode.
- Flashtool will automatically detect device and begin flashing.
- After flashing, phone will reboot.
Now you have dual custom recovery, root access and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware on your device.
Share your experience in the comments box below.