Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803
Sony has released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Xperia Z3 Compact. The update, which was released just a few days ago, has build number 23.1.A.0.726.
In this post, we are going to focus on the D5803 variant of Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact. Specifically, we are going to show you how you can root and install custom recovery on a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 after installing this latest update. Do not try this with any other device or even any other variant of the Xperia Z3 Compact as it could brick the device. You can check your model number by going to Settings>About device.
If you are sure you have the correct device for this guide, we can continue with the process.
Prepare your phone:
- Charge phone till it has at least 60 percent of its battery life. This is to prevent it from running out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable your devices USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times then go back to Settings. Developer options should now be seen.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
If you don’t see Flashtool drivers in Flashmode, skip this step and instead, install Sony PC Companion
- Have an original OEM data cable to connect the device and a PC or laptop.
- Unlock device’s bootloader
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 .726 Firmware
- Downgrade device to .77/.93 Firmware and Root It
- If your smartphone is running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you need to downgrade it first to KitKat OS and root it.
- Download latest 0.A.2.93 firmware
- Install firmware then root device.
- Install XZ Dual recovery.
- Enable USB debugging
- Download latest installer for Xperia Z3 Compact from here. (Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.10-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Connect phone to PC with OEM date cable and run install.bat.
- Installation of Custom recovery will begin. Wait for installation to finish before moving on to step 2.
- Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For .726 FTF
- Download PRF Creator . Install it on your system.
- Download SuperSU zip . Place downloaded file anywhere on PC.
- Download .726 FTF Place the downloaded file anywhere on PC.
- Download Z3-lockeddualrecovery2.8.10-RELEASE.flashable.zip
- Run PRFC. Add all the other three downloaded files to it.
- Leave all other options as is then click create. This will create pre-rooted firmware
- When Flashable ROM is created, you will see a successful message.
- Copy pre-rooted firmware to phone’s internal storage.
Note: If you don’t want to create a pre-rooted flashable zip, you can skip this step and just download the flashable zip
- Root and Install Recovery on Z3 Compact D5803 .726 5.0.2 Lollipop Firmware
- Turn off the phone.
- Turn the phone back on and press the volume up or down keys. This will bring you to custom recovery.
- Click Install then find the flashable zip created/downloaded in step 2.
- Tap on and install flashable zip
- If phone and PC are still connected, disconnect and reboot the phone..
- Go to the .726 ftf downloaded in second step and copy file to /flashtool/fimrwares
- Open Flashtool. Click lightning icon on the top left corner.
- Click Flashmode.
- Select.726 firmware.
- In right bar, you should see the exclude options. Choose to exclude System but leave other options as they are.
- While flashtool prepares software for flashing, turn off phone.
- Use the USB cable to connect your phone and the PC. While making the connection, keep the volume down button pressed/
- Phone should enter flashmode.
- Flashtool will automatically detect phone and begin flashing.
- When flashing is done, your phone will automatically reboot.
Have you got dual custom recovery, root access and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Compact D5803?
Share your experience in the comments box below.