How to Root And Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S6 Edge+
If you have the new Galaxy S6 Edge + you’re probably looking to explore it’s potential. Also as an Android device, you should learn how to Root & Install CWM Recovery Galaxy S6 Edge+. This allows its users to play around with and move beyond manufacturers specifications with custom ROMS and other tweaks.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to unleash your devices potential by installing Philz Advanced CWM on your S6 Edge+ G928S, G928K and G928L. Once CWM recovery is installed we will also root the S6 Edge+ by flashing a custom kernel and SuperSu.
Rooting your S6 Edge+ will give you complete control over your phone’s core. You will be able to install root-specific applications that will boost the battery life of your phone as well as its overall performance. With a custom recovery (Root & Install CWM Recovery Galaxy S6), you can create and restore a Nandroid Backup, wipe the dalvik cache and do a lot of other things.
Prepare your phone:
- Take note that this guide will only work with the Samsung Galaxy Edge+ G928S, G928K and G928L. Don’t use it with any other device.
- Charge your phone so it has up to 50 percent of its battery life.
- Locate your original data cable, you will need it to establish a connection between your PC and your phone.
- Back up all your important data
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility.Hence, in case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Samsung USB drivers
- Philz Advanced CWM.tar – save this on the computer desktop here
- zip – copy this file to your phone’s SD Card here
- Arter97 Kernel.zip – copy this file to your phone’s SD card here
Install Philz Advanced CWM And Root Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928S, G928K & G928L
- First open the Odin 3.10.6 file that you downloaded and extracted onto your PC.
- Now, put the S6 Edge+ into download mode by first turning it off completely and turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power button.
- When your phone boots up, press the volume up key to continue.
- Use your data cable to connect the phone and your PC. If you have connected the devices properly, the ID:COM box located on the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue.
- In Odin, click the AP tab. Select the Philz Advanced CWM.tar file that you downloaded and placed on your PC desktop. Wait a few seconds for Odin to load the file.
- If you see that the Auto-reboot option is unticked, make sure to tick it. Otherwise, leave all other options you see in Odin as is.
- Flash the recovery by clicking Odin’s start button.
- When you see the process box located above the ID:COM box has a green light, that means the flashing process is done.
- Disconnect the device and let it reboot.
- Turn the device off properly.
- Boot the device into recovery mode by turning it on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons.
Your device should now boot into recovery mode and it should be the CWM recovery that you just installed.
- While in CWM recovery select: Install zip>Choose zip from SD card>Arter97 Kernel file. Flash the file.
- When the file is flashed, go back to Install zip>choose zip from SD card>SuperSu.zip. Flash the file.
- Reboot device using recovery.
- Check that you can find SuperSu in the application drawer.
- Install BusyBox from the Google Play Store
You could also try to verify that you now have root access using Root Checker, an app that you can find in the Google Play store.
Are you done with the Root & Install CWM Recovery Galaxy S6+Edge procedure?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.