Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F, G928C & G928I
The Galaxy S6 Edge+ has the same design and build but has different specs as the Galaxy S6 – it’s probably one of the most high-end devices currently out there.
If you want to unleash the real power of the S6 Edge+, you’re going to need to root and install a custom recovery on it. Rooting your device will give you access to the core of the smartphone’s systems. It will release you from manufacturer restrictions and allow you to install root-specific applications that can boost both the battery life and performance of your phone. With a custom recovery, you can also add new features to your phone, both which you will enjoy and will be useful to you. Custom recoveries allow you to flash zip files and flash custom firmwares. A custom recovery will also allow you to create and restore a Nandroid backup and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
In this guide, we are going to show you how you can unlock the potential of your Galaxy S6 Edge+ by to installing Philz Advanced CWM recovery on a Galaxy S6 Edge+, G928F, G928C and G928I. Hence, once CWM is installed, it will be easy to root the S6 Edge+.
Prepare your phone:
- Take note that this guide will only work with the Samsung Galaxy Edge+ G928F, G928C & G928I. Don’t use it with any other device.
- Charge your phone so it has up to 50 percent of its battery life at least.
- Locate your original data cable; you will need it to establish a connection between your PC and your phone.
- Most of all, back up all your important data for security purposes.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in breaking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers same with warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible due to your negligence.
- Samsung USB drivers
- Philz Advanced CWM.tar – save this on the computer desktop here
- zip – copy this file to your phone’s SD Card here
- Arter97 Kernel.zip – copy this file to your phone’s SD card here
Install Philz Advanced CWM And Root Galaxy S6 Edge+ G928F, G928C & G928I
- Open the Odin 3.10.6 file that you downloaded on your PC.
- Boot S6 Edge+ into download mode by first turning it off completely and turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power button. When your phone boots up, press the volume up key to continue.
- Use your data cable to connect the phone and your PC. If you have connected it properly, the ID:COM box located on the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue.
- Click the AP tab. Select the Philz Advanced CWM.tar file that you downloaded. Wait a few seconds for Odin to load the file.
- If you see that the Auto-reboot option is unticked, make sure to tick it. Leave all other options you see in Odin as is.
- Flash the recovery by clicking Odin’s start button.
- When you see a green light on the process box located above the ID:COM box this means that the flashing process is done.
- Disconnect the device and let it reboot.
- Turn the device off properly then boot the into recovery mode. Do so by turning it on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons.
Your device should now boot into recovery mode and it should be the CWM recovery that you just installed.
- While in CWM recovery select: Install zip>Choose zip from SD card>Arter97 Kernel file. Flash the file.
- When the file is flashed, go back to Install zip>choose zip from SD card>SuperSu.zip. Flash the file.
- Reboot the phone using recovery.
- Check you can find SuperSu in the application drawer.
- Install BusyBox from the Google Play Store.
- Verify that you have root process by downloading and using Root Checker from the Google Play Store.
Have you rooted and installed a custom recovery on your S6 Edge+?
Share Share your experience with us in the comments box below.