Root A Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195
If you own a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE i9195 and have just updated it to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat XXUCNH5 Official Firmware you will find that you may have gained the latest version of Android, but you have lost root access.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can gain root access on a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 that has been updated To Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat XXUCNH5.
Prepare your phone:
- Check that your device is a S4 Mini LTE I9195. Go to Setting >About to make sure.
- Update your device to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Charge your battery so that it has 60 to 80 percent of its battery life.
- Back up all important contacts, messages, and call logs.
- Back up Mobile EFS Data
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up your apps.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root The Device
- You will need to download: CF-Auto-Root Android 4.4.2 Package. Extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn your phone off and then turn it back on while pressing the power, volume down and home buttons.When you see some text appear on-screen, press the volume up button to continue.
- Make sure that you have USB drivers installed.
- Open Odin on your computer and then connect your device to the computer.
- If you have made a proper connection between your phone and your PC, you will see the Odin port turn yellow and a COM port number will appear
- Click the PDA tab and from there select file ‘CF-Auto-Root-serranolte-serranoltexx-gti9195.tar.md5‘
- From Odin, Check the Auto reboot
- Click the start button and then wait for the process to finish.
- When the installation completes your device should restart. When you see the Home Screen and get a “Pass”message on Odin, disconnect your phone from the PC.
Have you rooted your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195?
Share your experience in the comments box below.