ZTE Nubia Z9 Review
Sleek design, metal body and amazing hardware under the cover surely needs to be seen as it is making its place in the western market. NUBIA Z9 offers the features which are compatible to the other big smart phone brands but at what price. Read the full review to know more.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994, Octa-core, 2000 MHz, ARM Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A53 processor
- 3072 MB RAM
- Android 5.0 Operating System
- 32 GB Built-in Storage
- 16 MP Sony Exmor IMX234 sensor-equipped front camera
- 2 inches Display Screen
- Metal and Glass body
- Battery of 2900 mAh
- 192 g weight
- 06% screen to body Ratio
- Price range is 600$-770$
- The handset has a frame of glass and metal.
- Chamfered metal frame make it feel very premium.
- Its front and back panels are bulged out
- Although it has a heavy and glass body, its grip is quite good because of its narrow profile
- It is very comfortable for hands and pockets.
- The glass ends of the cell are turned which projects the display light from the sides.
- Weighing 192g it feels very heavy in hand.
- 5D arc Refractive Conduction borderless design
- This design gives it a bezel-less look
- Under the Display screen three buttons are present for Home, Back and Menu Functions.
- On the right edge, there are power and volume rocker buttons.
- On the left edge there are two Nano-SIM slots under well sealed covers.
- On the top, it has 3.5mm head phone jack and IR Blaster.
- On the bottom, micro USB port and microphone and speaker on both on each side of Micro USB port.
- On the top-left corner of the back, there is a camera along with LED flash.
- The logo of NUBIA embossed at the centre of the backplate that gives it quite a stylish look.
- The handset is available in three colours of white, gold and black.
Processor & Memory:
- The chipset of the handset is Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994.
- The device has a very powerful Octa-core, 2.0 GHz processor.
- Ardeno 430 Graphic Processing unit as been used.
- 3 GB RAM is available.
- The device has 32 GB built-in Storage of which only 25 GB is available for user and the memory cannot be increased as there is no slot for microSD card.
- NUBIA Z9 has an amazing processing speed for game-lovers and heavy task doers.
- Cell phone doesn’t heat up even after heavy tasks and is easy to use for long duration of time
- The rounded off corners of NUBIA Z9 are used for few Controls
- Phone’s brightness is controlled by touching both edges simultaneously and swipe
- If you rub the edge, you can shut down all the running apps immediately
- Brightness control and shut down feature is un-customizable
- The swipe up and down can be customized according to user.
- Different functions can also be controlled by how you grip the phone or making different patterns on screen.
- The Display Screen is of 5.2 inches.
- The resolution of the screen is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- 424ppi Pixel Density.
- Three different saturation modes; Glow, Standard, Soft.
- Three different Hue modes; Cool tone, Natural and Warm Tone.
- Viewing angles are very good.
- Text is very clear.
- Colours calibration is perfect.
- The screen is great for activities like video viewing and web browsing.
- In market, Chinese version is available which has English translation
- Google services like map, hangouts etc can be installed
- NUBIA Z9 has its own new stylish interface
- The dropdown has brightness and three toggles of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPRS.
- Under toggle panel rest of the notifications can be found which can be customized according the need
- Another button is present for rest of important settings like Airplane mode, vibration etc.
- The close all app in the cell shuts down every running application immediately
- The split screen allows you to see two apps on the display at same
- The Rear Camera is 16 MP Sony Exmor IMX234 sensor-equipped with F2.0 Aperture Size
- Optical Image Stabilization
- LED Flash
- 8 MP Front Camera
- For so many modes, left-most home screen is used for them
- Modes like Burst mode and High Dynamic Range Mode and Macro Mode are present
- Many different versions of slow shutter mode are created.
- Best feature, auto and pro mode takes exceptional pictures which are vivid, detailed and with correct lighting.
- Clear and detailed video clips can be made up to 4K resolution
- Because of clear display and good speaker quality, user can make good use of this cell for multimedia purpose.
Memory & Battery Life:
- After taking 6.8 GB of 32 GB Internal memory, users have the large storage space of 25 GB to use
- The memory cannot be augmented as there is no slot for external memory.
- The device has a 2900mAh non removable battery.
- After long use of all day work like listening music, checking mails, chatting, browsing and downloading, less than 30% of battery still remains.
- The screen scored 5 hours and 14 minutes of screen on time.
- Medium users will easily make it through the day but heavy users can only expect 12 hours from this battery.
- The handset runs Android 5.0 Operating System.
- The smooth and fast speed of internet browsing and streaming makes it a great device.
- Various features like LTE, HSPA (unspecified), HSUPA, UMTS, EDGE and GPRS are present.
- GPS and A-GPS are also present.
- Turn-by-turn navigation and Voice navigation have been included.
- The handset has the features of Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n, n 5GHz, ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Near Field Communication and DLNA.
- The device supports dual SIMs. Two SIM slots for Nano SIM are present.
Inside the box you will find:
- Nubia Z9 smartphone
- Wall charger
- Data cable
- In-ear headset
- SIM ejector tool
- Informational booklet
ZTE Nubia Z9 offers a stylish and new design to its customers and is making its place in the global market. Phone sure has many short-comings and space for improvements in the department of UI and short battery life but it is a must check-out set.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below