Lenovo Phab Plus Review
Lenovo produced many amazing products in the past and another one in the form of Lenovo Phab Plus has been presented. A big screen phablet for phablet lovers presenting really cool features which are sure likely to be read.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 8939, Octa-core, 1500 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- Android 5.0 Operating System
- 8 Inches Display Screen
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB Built-in Storage
- 13 MP Rear Camera
- 74% Screen to Body Ratio
- 3500 mAh Battery Capacity
- 229 g body weight
- The design of the handset is very alluring.
- The physical material of the handset is metal.
- It feels sturdy and robust in hand.
- Measuring only 7.6mm in thickness it feels sleek in hands.
- It is very large for pockets.
- At 229g it is very heavy.
- Speakers are placed on the top back side.
- On the right edge you will find the power and volume rocker button.
- Antenna Bands are placed on the back
- A 3.5mm Head phone Jack is present of the top
- Volume rocker and power buttons are placed on right edge
- Micro-USB port and Microphone is positioned at the bottom
- The device has Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 system
- Octa-core, 1500 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit processor
- Adreno 405 Graphic Processing Unit has been used.
- 2048 MB RAM
- It has a quick response for small tasks and meets the standards of many benchmarks set but the performance is not top-notch.
- Built-in storage of the device is 32 GB of which only 19.42 GB is available to the user which is very low.
- The memory can be enhanced with a MicroSD card, the phablet supports up to 64 GB storage expansion.
Camera and Multimedia:
- 13 MP Back Camera with dual LED Flash
- 5 MP Front Camera
- 1080p HD Video Recording
- It offers wide range of modes like Burst, High Dynamic Range, Night mode and Panorama are there.
- Its HDR mode makes produces crisp images.
- It has HD quality video making
- Don’t expect a lot from this camera, there is something really wrong with it. It cannot produce quality images even in perfect lighting conditions.
- The colours of the images are washed out.
- In low light conditions the images are grainy.
- Even the videos are disappointing. Colours are nor good and the auto-focus does not work properly.
- With the large screen, bright display and good audio quality even at high volume, PHAB is just perfect for watching long videos or movies.
- Although its music player is a bit out-dated, the volume of this phablet is just amazing because of its clarity even at 77.7 dB
- A Big Screen of 6.8 inch HD IPS-LCD Display.
- The display resolution is at 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- 324 ppi Pixel Density is passable.
- The maximum brightness is at 225 nits which is very low.
- The screen is very useful for multimedia related activities.
- Web browsing and eBook reading are great.
- The colour calibration has been done very nicely.
- Colour contrast is also good.
- The 7200 kelvin colour temperature renders it cold colours.
- You can personalize your home screen and material’s design is present in the in-built apps
- You can access navigation by drawing c on the display for easy access.
- The screen could be shrunk and moved left to right depending on the position of holding PHAB
- The only thing missing is multi-user mode
- Browsing and surfing on the big screen and speed makes it a great device for users.
- It’s a dual sim with one micro and other Nano SIM slot.
- The features of LTE, HSPA (unspecified), HSUPA, EDGE and GPRS are present.
- GPS and A-GPS
- It offers Turn-by-turn navigation and Voice navigation system.
- Bluetooth 4.0
- dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- The music player app has been designed poorly, it feels outdated.
- The Dolby Atmos audio support is fantastic.
- The call on Lenovo Phablet is clear enough to be heard and your voice to go through.
- The ear piece delivers clear voice and the speaker could be heard well when the display is faced downward.
- A 3500 mAh battery capacity is supposed to be heavy as it has to support 6.8 inch display.
- The battery will get you through a day of medium use, it could have been better with a more powerful battery.
- The battery could be recharged in 188 minutes which is a lot of time.
- The battery recorded 6 hours and 41 minutes of screen on time.
- Lenovo PHAB Plus
- Wall charger
- MicroUSB cable
Lenovo Phablet is said to be imported in US at 300$, but there are some major issues with the phablet; the camera is a complete disappointment, the display is not bright enough, performance is not on par with the latest device. The only good thing about the device is the size and the price.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below