Vivo X5 Pro Review
The producer of the thinnest handset in the world (Vivo X5 Max-4.75mm) has come forward again with Vivo X5 Pro. The present device is of normal thickness with a bigger battery than its predecessor. Can the handset deliver enough to make its mark in the android market? Read the full review find out.
The description of Vivo X5 Pro includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 chipset
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53 processor
- Android v5.0 (Lollipop) operating system
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and an expansion slot for external memory
- 9mm length; 73.5mm width and 6.4mm thickness
- A display of 2 inches and 1080 x 1920 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 151g
- 13 MP rear camera
- 8 MP front camera
- 2450mAh battery
- Price of $550
Build (Vivo X5 Pro)
- The design of the handset is very attractive.
- The physical material of the handset is glass and metal.
- The handset feels durable and robust.
- The vivo logo is embossed on the back and on the top left corner of the screen in silver.
- There are three touch buttons beneath the screen for Home, Menu and Back functions. These buttons also have a silver finish.
- Headphone jack can be found on the top edge.
- Power and volume rocker button are located on the right edge. The dual SIM card tray is also on the right edge.
- The USB port is on the bottom edge.
- The speaker and mice are also present on the bottom edge.
- At 151g it does not feel very heavy.
- Measuring 6.4mm in thickness it feels very sleek.
- The handset is available in two colours of black and white.
- The handset has a 5.2 inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 1920 pixels display resolution.
- Colour temperature is at 7677Kelvin which is very far from the reference temperature of 6500 Kelvin.
- The pixel density is of the screen is 424ppi.
- Maximum brightness of the screen is 318nits, not very bright but we did not face much problem.
- The minimum brightness is at 3 nits, it is comfortable in the dark.
- The viewing angles of the screen are excellent.
- The display is very good in terms of details.
- It is perfect for eBook reading.
- Other media activities are also a pleasure use.
- There are some definite drawbacks but overall the screen is good.
- A 13 megapixel camera is located at the back.
- On the front there is an 8 megapixel camera.
- The camera app is filled with Night mode, Panorama mode, Beauty mode, HDR mode and Bokeh. More over there are various other modes such as PPT mode for taking photos of text, Festive mode adds colourful logos and Children mode that attracts you attention and makes you smile.
- In good lighting conditions the images are absolutely stunning.
- The colours are perfect and the images are highly detailed.
- In low light conditions the images are not good, colour calibration seems inaccurate.
- Videos can be recorded at 1080p.
- On the whole camera provides good support on the outside but inside the house it is not of much use.
- Vivo X5 pro has Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 chipset system.
- The accompanying processor is Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53.
- The handset has 2 GB RAM.
- The graphic unit is Adreno 405.
- The processing is not very fast.
- It performs the daily tasks very easily but demanding apps make it sluggish.
- The performance is not smooth.
Memory & Battery
- The handset has 16 GB built in memory.
- The memory can be increased owing to the presence of expendable storage slot.
- The handset has 2450mAh battery.
- The total screen on time is 5 hours and 42 minutes.
- On daily basis the battery delivered nicely, getting us through the whole day.
- The total charging time from 0 to 100% is 3 hours which is just too much.
- The handset runs Android 5.0 which is pretty common now-a-days.
- The handset has Funtouch user interface.
- Clearly the interface lacks a lot of things.
- The device is a complete bloatware. There are many features but only some of them are useful.
- There is a selection of pretty wallpapers.
- The feature of making gesture to open an app is also present.
- The call quality of the handset is good. Mice will get through clear voices at the other end. Speaker is also loud.
- aGPS, Glonass, Bluetooth 4.0, LTE and Wi-Fi are present.
- Handsets own browser is not very good but the Chrome browser works smoothly.
The package will include:
- Vivo X5 Pro
- Quick guide
- Clear plastic case
- Wall charger
- SIM ejector tool
- USB data cable
The device is good for casual users who do not have many expectations from their phone. Vivo X5 pro is very attractive to the eyes but the performance is simply mediocre, other devices in the same price range offer much more. The camera is also not good enough for mobile photography. The battery drains quickly. Not many good features but it is stylish no doubt about that.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below