Google Nexus 6P includes :Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset systemQuad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57
The Google Nexus 6P Review
This year Google introduced two handsets, first it was Google Nexus 5X now it is Google Nexus 6P. For the first time in Nexus history Google has hired Huawei to design the Nexus 6P, what will be the outcome of this?
Read on to find out.
The description of Google Nexus 6P includes:
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset system
- Quad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57 processor
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 3mm length; 77.8mm width and 7.3mm thickness
- A screen of 7 inch and 1440 x 2560 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 178g
- 12 MP rear camera
- 8 MP front camera
- Price of $499.99
Build (Google Nexus 6P)
- The design of Google Nexus 6P is super premium and super sleek. It is a real head turner, Nexus is the most beautiful Nexus device even more than the grand Nexus One.
- From top to bottom the design just screams finesse.
- The physical material of Google Nexus 6P is purely aluminium.
- It feels solid in hand, material is very durable.
- The premium back has very attractive finishing, also having a good grip at the same time.
- It has curved edges.
- The camera lens protrudes a little on the back but that does not stop us from liking the design.
- At 178g it feels just a tiny bit heavy in hand.
- It has a 5.7 inch screen.
- The screen to body ratio of the handset is 71.6% which is quite good.
- Measuring 7.3mm in thickness it is very sleek.
- Power and volume key are on the right edge. Power key has a rough texture which helps us identify it easily.
- The bottom edge houses a Type C port.
- Headphone jack sits at the top edge.
- Navigation buttons are on the screen.
- There is a fingerprint scanner on the back, which works pretty nicely.
- There are dual front facing speakers which are the reason for excessive bezel.
- The handset is available in three colours of Aluminium, Graphite and Frost.
- The handset has a 5.5 inch AMOLED display.
- The display resolution of the screen is 1440 x 2560 pixels.
- Colour contrasts, black tone and the viewing angles are perfect.
- The pixel density of the screen is 518ppi, giving us very sharp display.
- The maximum brightness of the screen is 356 nits while the minimum brightness is 3 nits. Maximum brightness is very poor, in sun we cannot see the screen unless we shade it.
- Colour temperature of the screen is 6737 Kelvin, which is very close to the reference temperature of 6500k.
- The display is very sharp and we had no problem reading the text indoors.
- The display is good for activities like eBook reading and web browsing.
- There is a 12 megapixel camera on the rear.
- On the front there is an 8 megapixel camera.
- The back camera lens has f/2.0 aperture while the front one is of f/2.2.
- The camera is accompanied by laser autofocus system and dual LED flash.
- The camera app has various features which, mostly basic ones like HDR+, Lens Blur, Panorama and Photo sphere. The advanced features are not present.
- The camera itself gives stunning images, both outdoor and indoor.
- The images are very detailed.
- Colours are vibrant but natural.
- Outdoors images show natural colours.
- Pictures taken in LED flash tend to give us warm colours.
- The images by the front camera are also very detailed.
- 4K and HD videos can be recorded at 30fps.
- Videos are smooth and detailed.
Memory & Battery
- The handset comes in three versions of built in memory; 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
- Unfortunately there is no expansion slot so memory cannot be enhanced.
- The handset has a 3450mAh battery.
- The phone scored 6 hours and 24 minutes of constant screen on time.
- The total charging time is 89 minute which is very good.
- The low battery life can be attributed to the quad HD resolution.
- The device holds Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset system with Quad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57
- This package is accompanied by 3 GB RAM.
- Adreno 430 is the graphic unit.
- The processor is lightening fast and very smooth.
- It also reduces power consumption.
- The graphic unit is just fantastic, it is ideal for graphically advanced games.
- On the whole the package Adreno 430 age is superb.
- The handset runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
- As it is a mobile by Google hence you will experience pure Android.
- The app drawer has apps arranged in an alphabetical order. The mostly used apps are at the top.
- The lockscreen has also been changed to give us access to Google Voice Search shortcut.
- There are a number of revamped apps and new features like:
- Now on tap is a feature that provides you with a list of actions you can perform by scanning the area for any movie, posters, people, places, songs etc.
- Double tap of the power button will take you straight to the camera app even when the screen is off.
- Stock android does not have any bloatware and the few apps it has are very useful, you can easily personalise the device in the way you like.
- The phone app and the call log app has also been tweaked to make it more easy to use.
- The entire Organiser apps haven redesigned to make them more pleasurable to the eyes.
- The message app is very responsive it can now take voice commands as well as gestures for typing messages.
- The handset has its own Google Chrome browser; it gets all the tasks done quickly. Web browsing is smooth and easy.
- There are a number of LTE bands.
- The features of NFC, dual band Wi-Fi, aGPA and Glonass are also present.
- The call quality of the handset is good.
- The dual speakers are very loud, video viewing is fun due to the large screen and loud speakers.
In the box you will find:
- Google Nexus 6P
- SIM removal tool
- Wall charger
- Safety and Warranty information
- Quick start guide
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
Huawei has done a fantastic job at designing Nexus 6P, it reputation has definitely gone a level up. Now design is only one part of the handset, when you come to the other parts you will see that the performance is fantabulous, display is crackling and the pure Android experience is excellent. The handset is definitely worth considering.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below