Quick Look of the Motorola G
Another low priced handset offering some of the most tempting features, can it stand out from the crowd or not? Read the full review to find out.
The description of Moto G includes:
- Snapdragon 400, 1.2GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.3 operating system
- 1GB RAM, 8-16GB internal storage and no expansion slot for external memory
- 9mm length; 65.9mm width and 11.6mm thickness
- A display of 5-inch and 1,280 x 720 pixels display resolution
- It weighs 143g
- Price of £148
- The design of Motorola G is okay,
- The build of the handset feels robust; the physical material is sturdy and durable.
- It weighs a bit more than 143g.
- Measuring 11.6mm it seems chunky; no one would call it a slim handset.
- The front fascia has no buttons.
- On the right edge, there is a volume rocker button and power button on the right edge.
- The back plate is rubberised which has a good grip.
- The handset can be personalized by using colored flip shells.
- The flip shells are attached by removing the backplate.
- To provide extra protection, grip shells are fitted around the back of the handset.
- The cases come in a range of bright colors.
- Moto g is a water resistant handset, so you won’t have to worry about using it in the rain.
- The battery is non-removable.
- The 4.5-inch screen offers 280 x 720 pixels of display resolution.
- For what it is worth video viewing, web browsing, and book reading experience is great.
- The clarity of the handset is stunning.
- The display screen is protected by Gorilla glass 3.
- The viewing angles are also impressive.
- There is a 5-megapixel camera at the back.
- The front houses a 1.3-megapixel camera which makes video calling possible.
- Videos can also be recorded at 720p.
- The produced snapshots are good.
- The 2GHz quad-core processor along with 1 GB RAM gives a quick response.
- The processing is almost very smooth.
Memory & Battery
- There are two versions of Motorola G, one has 8 GB of built-in memory while the other has 16 GB, of which only 5GB and 13GB are available to the user.
- The 8 GB handset costs £150 while the 16GB handset costs £174.
- While choosing the handset it must be remembered that there is no expansion slot in either of the handsets.
- The 2070mAh battery will easily get you through a day of full usage.
- The Moto G runs Android 4.3, Motorola has promised an update to Android 4.4, which is very is very impressive considering what it’s low priced competitors offer.
- There is also a tool for migrating your data from an old handset.
- A very handy app called Assist, that turns the phone into silent mode at the set time, it even accesses your Calendar to know when the phone need to be set to silent mode.
- Also the feature of FM Radio.
Google has already set the mark in the high-end market by producing Nexus 5, which offers stunning specifications; the same has been done in the budget market with Moto G. One might say that Google is trying to set a path that is difficult to follow by its competitors. Moto G is packed with features, considering the price everything about the handset is very pleasing. It is perfect for people who don’t want to compromise on quality in the budget market.
Have a question or want to share your experience?
You can do so in the comment section box below