A Guide To Installing TWRP Recovery On A Samsung Galaxy Gear.
The Galaxy Gear came out about 2 months ago and developers have already managed to get root access on it. They have also developed a custom ROM for it as well. With the Galaxy Gear getting so customizable, you’re probably wondering when a custom recovery for it will arrive. The answer to that is installing TWRP Recovery.
Follow along with our guide below and you can install TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Gear.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Have root access on your Galaxy Gear.
- Charge your Galaxy Gear to at least 50 percent.
- Have an original data cable to connect your PC and your Galaxy Gear.
- Put your Galaxy Gear in download mode by pressing and holding the power key till you see rebooting. Then press the power key 5 times. This will boot you in recovery mode. From there, press power key and then select download mode. Press and hold power key for 3 seconds to enter download mode.
- Open Odin on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Gear to the PC. You should see the ID:Com box in Odin turn blue.
- Hit the AP tap and select the downloaded TWRP recovery file. Hit start to flash it.
- When flashing ends, your device will reboot. When it does, remove from PC.
Do you have custom recovery on your Galaxy Gear?
Share your experience in the comments box below.