TWRP Custom Recovery LG G2
You can install custom ROMs TWRP Custom Recovery LG G2 by rooting your device and installing Custom Recovery.Aside from installing custom ROMs,. Aside from installing custom ROMs, you can also install kernels and do many other tweaks when you have a custom recovery in your device.Installing TWRP custom recovery on LG G2 is easy as long as you have first rooted your device.
This tutorial is a guide on how to flash TWRP custom recovery specifically on LG G2. To begin with, make sure that you already have a back up of all your data including your contacts, messages, internal storage and call logs. This will be helpful in case something goes wrong.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Things not to forget:
- Get your device rooted.
- Go to settings and developer options to check USB debugging mode.
- Otherwise, go back to “about” in the same settings option and tap build number until you are announced as developer.
- Battery level should be at least 85%.
- This guide is specifically for LG G2 only.
Flashing TWRP Custom Recovery
- Download Recovery Image here making sure that it is compatible with the device.
- Copy in and paste in the ioroot folder.
- Download the Loki Flash Firmware here and download the zip found on the right side of the bottom of the screen.
- Extract the zip file and copy the loki_flash file found in it.
- Paste that loki file in the folder where the image ioroot you saved.
- From openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-g2XXX.img, rename it to just recovery.img.
You are now ready to flash the recovery.
- Connect your LG G2 device to the computer. Do not forget to enable USB debugging.
- Open the ioroot and hold down shift key and right click in the folder to open a command prompt.
- Type the following on the command prompt hitting enter after every line.
adb push loki_flash /data/local/tmp/loki_flash
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
and adb shell
chmod 777 loki_flash ./loki_flashrecovery /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
exit adb reboot recovery
- It will automatically reboot to recovery. You will know that it is successful when you see the TWRP Recovery.
Have you nstalled TWRP Custom Recovery LG G2 ?
Share your experience and/or questions in the comment section box
Comment on the space below.