The Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Samsung has the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update released for the new Samsung device, Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105. The update can be made available using OTA updates and Samsung Kies. It makes the device perform better.
The update is available in all regions. But it may take a long time to reach your region. If you want to get it right away, you can follow the steps in this tutorial. This tutorial talks about how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with XXUBMH4 specifically on Samsung Galaxy S2 with an I9105 model number.
With the new update, your device gets to have these features:
- New Lock Screen – Multi Pages and Lock Screen Widgets support.
- List and Grid Notifications Panel viewing options.
- Better performance and stability.
- New Daydream Feature.
- Move 3rd party apps to SD card with data with the Move to SD card option.
- Settings UI restored. Options are now under tabs.
Before starting off, make sure you have done the following:
- Make sure that your device is GT-I9105. You can confirm in the About Device found in the Settings option.
- Your battery level should be at least 60%.
- The USB cable should be the original data cable.
- Make a backup of all your data in the internal storage including the messages, contacts and call logs. You will be wiping out the data so you will need to keep your data secure.
- Go to the settings of the device and enable the USB debugging mode.
- Take note that when you flash the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you will also lose root access and custom recovery.
There are also things to you should download. These are the Odin PC, which you need to extract afterward, the Samsung USB drivers that need to be installed and the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I9105XXUBMH4 Firmware here.
These are the details of the firmware:
Region: INU – India
OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Change List: 1356917
Build Date: 21.08.2013
You can also use the instructions that follow to install other firmware.
You can choose a different Firmware here
Updating Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Download then Open Odin
- Extract the file you just downloaded.
- Switch your device to download mode by turning it off and switching it back on by holding down the Volume Down, Home button and Power Key together. To continue just use the Volume up key. A warning sign will appear which will signify that you are in the download mode.
- Connect the device to the computer. The ID:COM will turn blue to signify it is connected successfully.
- Now in Odin
- Go to the PDA tab. Give it the file in .tar.md5 format. This is the firmware.
- Next is go to the Phone tab and give the file for the Phone.
- Go also to the CSC tab and give the CSC file.
- Lastly, go to the Bootloader tab and give the Bootloader file.
- Wait for Odin to set up. Hit start as soon as the logs appear.
- It might take a few minutes to finish installing.
- Your device will restart as soon as the installation finishes.
- And you are good to go!
For better performance, wipe out your factory settings and data. It will also help you out of a boot loop.
Drop a comment below if you have any questions.