The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T310/311/315
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes from a family of tablets that has been well-received by the market. It has the following features:
- Choice of sizes: 7 inches, 8 inches, or 10 inches
- Each Galaxy Tab 3 sizes also have different varieties.
- Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 WiFi
- Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 LTE
- Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 3G
This article will focus specifically on the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. The specifications of the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 variant is as follows:
- 8-inch screen
- 800 x 1280 pixels resolution
- 189 ppi
- Powered by an Exynos 4212 CPU
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system
- 5 GB RAM
- 5 mp rear camera and 1.3 front camera
- Battery capacity of 4450 mAh
The device is resilient in such a way that it is easily customizable. With the help of custom ROMs, users can always do something with their device, and providing it with root access will further enhance this capacity to customize. This article will teach you how to install the most recent version of TWRP Recovery and provide root access for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. SM-T310 3G, SM-T315 LTE, and SM-T311 WiFi. Before proceeding with the installation, read the following reminders and necessary to-do things.
- This step by step guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. SM-T310 3G, SM-T315 LTE, and SM-T311 WiFi.. If you are not sure about your device model, you may check it by going to your Settings menu and clicking ‘About Device’. Using this guide for another device model may cause bricking, so if you are not a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 user, do not proceed.
- Your remaining battery percentage should not be less than 60 percent. This will prevent you from having power issues while the installation is ongoing, and therefore will prevent soft bricking of your device.
- Backup all of your data and files to avoid losing them, including your contacts, messages, call logs, and media files. This will ensure that you will always have a copy of your data and files. If your device is already rooted, you may use Titanium Backup. If you already have an installed TWRP or CWM custom recovery, you may use Nandroid Backup.
- Also backup your mobile’s EFS
- Use only your phone’s OEM data cable so that that the connection is stable
- Make sure that your Samsung Kies, Antivirus software, and Windows Firewall are turned off when you are using Odin3
- Download Samsung USB drivers
- Download Odin3 v3.10
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T310, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T315
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Step by Step twrp Installation Guide for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310/311/315:
- Download the appropriate TWRP file for your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 variant
- Open the exe file for Odin3
- Put your device in Download Mode by turning it off completely and turning it on again by long-pressing the home, power, and volume down buttons until a warning appears. Press the volume up button to proceed with the process.
- Using your tablet’s OEM data cable, connect your device to your computer or laptop. You’ll know that the connection is successfully done if the ID:COM box found in Odin3 becomes blue.
- In Odin, go to the AP tab and look for the file Recovery.tar
- Still in Odin3, tick the option F. Reset Time
- Select ‘Start’ and wait for the flashing to be completed before removing your device’s connection to your computer or laptop
If you wish to access the TWRP Recovery that you have recently installed, simply long-press the home, power, and volume up buttons.
Step by step guide to root your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310/311/315:
- Download SuperSu and place the zip file in the SD card of your tablet
- Open TWRP Recovery
- Click ‘Install’ and press ‘Select / Choose Zip’ then look for the zip file SuperSu
- Begin flashing SuperSu
- Restart your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and look for SuperSu in the app list of your tablet
You have now successfully rooted your tablet! If you have additional questions about this easy step by step process, do not hesitate to ask through the comments section below.