Install Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
The latest update of Android 5.0.2 is finally arriving for the Xperia Z devices, much to the joy of its users. The interface has been improved by Sony based on the Material Design of Google. Also, the applications have been markedly updated so that it would become compatible with the Android 5.0.2 update. You’ll also notice some differences in the multi user feature, the lock screen notification, battery life, device performance, as well as the phone’s guest mode.
The update can be obtained through the OTA or the Sony PC Companion. Those who don’t have these two, however, can still get their hands on that precious update by simply using the Sony flashtool. Before proceeding with the instructions, here is a checklist of the things you need to know and accomplish first:
- This installation guide can only be used for the device Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. If this is not your device model, do not proceed with the installation. If you’re not sure of your device model, you may check it by going to your Settings menu and clicking About Device.
- The remaining battery percentage of your Xperia Z3 Compact should not be less than 60 percent
- Back up important files and data, including your messages, contacts, and call logs.
- Also back up your media files. This can be manually done by copying your files from your device to your computer. If you have root access, you can do this via Titanium Backup; or if you have CWM or TWRP on your device, then you can rely on Nandroid Backup.
- Use only the original data cable provided for your device to prevent any unwanted interruptions
- Download and install Sony Flashtool.
- Allow USB debugging mode on your Xperia Z3 Compact. This can be done by going to your Settings menu, clicking Developer Options, and ticking USB debugging.
- Download the FTF file for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690
Upgrading your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Official Firmware:
- Copy the downloaded FTF file for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop to Firmware folder under Flashtool
- Open Flashtool.exe
- Look at the top left part of the page and click the lightning button. Click Flashmode
- Look for the FTF firmware file copied to the Firmware folder
- Choose which things you want to wipe from your device – apps log, data, and cache are highly recommended. Select OK and wait for the firmware to load.
- You will be prompted to attach your device. This can be done by shutting down your device and pressing the volume down button then attaching your phone to your computer through the OEM data cable
- Keep the volume down key pressed. Flashing will begin as soon as your phone has been successfully detected.
- Release the volume down key only when you see the “Flashing ended” notice.
- Unplug your device from your computer and restart.
That’s it! If you have questions regarding the process, do not hesitate to post it through the comments section below.