The Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Samsung has provided an official firmware for the Android 4.2.2 XXUBNC1 Jelly Bean for all Galaxy Grand Duos. This is usually received through Samsung Kies or OTA, but if you are unfortunate to have missed it, then you can manually install the new version on your phone by following this simple instructuons. This step by step guide can be used for any region, and having a rooted device or custom recovery is not necessary for the installation because this is an official firmware from Samsung.
Before proceeding with the installation, take note of the following important things to consider and/or accomplish:
- This step by step guide can only be used for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. If this is not your device model, do not proceed.
- Your remaining battery percentage before starting the installing should be at least 85 percent.
- Allow USB debugging mode on your phone
- It is important for you to keep a back up of your contacts, messages,and call logs. This will prevent you from losing important information in case a problem occurs in the process.
- Also remember to back up the mobile EFS data of your phone first. This will ensure that your device will not lose connectivity.
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs, and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Do not attempt to Factory Reset using Stock Recovery because it will delete everything on your device (including your photos, videos, and music files).
- If you are using custom ROM and you upgrade your device to this ROM, you will lose all of your app data.
Installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Grand Duos
- Download Android 4.2.2 I9082XXUBNC1 for Galaxy Grand on your computer or laptop
- Extract the zip file
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7
- Shut down your device and turn it on again while simultaneously pressing the power, home, and volume down buttons until a text appears on the screen.
- Click the volume up button to proceed and ensure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin on your computer or laptop
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to your computer while it is in Download mode. The Odin port will become yellow with COM port number if your device has been properly connected to your computer.
- Click PDA and look for the file called “I9082XXUBNC1_ I9082XXUBNC1_ I9082XXUBNC1.md5”. Otherwise, look for the file with the largest file size
- Select the options “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” in Odin
- Press the Start button and wait for the installation to be accomplished.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos will reboot as soon as the installation has been finished. When the home page flashes on the screen again, unplug your device from the computer.
Upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos from a Custom ROM:
For those who are upgrading the device from a Custom ROM, it is highly possible to be stuck in bootloop. If that happens, do not panic and just follow the following instructions:
- Flash Custom Recovery
- Shut down your device and turn it back on while simultaneously pressingthe home, power, and volume up buttons until a text appears on the screen.
- Go to Advance
- Click Wipe Devlik Cache
- Turn back and click Wipe Cache
- Press ‘Reboot System Now’
That’s all! You may verify if your device has really been updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean by going to the Settings menu and choosing ‘About’.
If you have questions about the procedure, do not hesitate to ask through the comments section below.