The Dirty Unicorns Android 5.1.1 ROM
The Moto X 2013 was released in 2013. It originally ran on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. In this post, were going to show you how you can upgrade it to Android Lollipop by installing a custom ROM.
The ROM we will be using here is Dirty Unicorns Custom ROM. It is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have a Moto X 2013
- Make sure it is rooted. Then use root to create a Titanium Backup.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock its bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed. Use it to create a Backup Nandroid.
- Back up important contacts, sms messages, call logs and media files.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Dirty Unicorns: Link
Install Android Revolution HD:
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Copy and paste the two files you downloaded to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recoverymode by first opening a command prompt in the fastboot folder.
- Now, type: adb reboot bootloader. Press enter.
- Choose Recoveryfrom Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users:
- Make a backup of your current ROM using recovery. Go to Back-Up and Restore. On the next screen choose Back-up.
Go back to the main menu. From there, choose Advance. Chose the option Dalvik Wipe Cache.
Choose the option Install zip from SD card. You should get another window open.
Choose wipe data/factory reset.
Pick option choose zip from SD card.
Choose the Dirty Unicorns.zip file. Confirm you want to install it.
Do the same thing with the Gapps.zip.
When both the files have been installed, choose +++++Go Back+++++
Choose reboot now.
- Tap on the Back-Up tab. Select System and Data
Swipe Confirmation Slider
Tap the Wipe Button and then Select Cache, System, Data.
Swipe Confirmation Slider.
Return to the Main Menu and from there tap Install Button.
Locate Dirty Unicorns.zip and GoogleApps.zip. Swipe Slider to install.
When installation is done, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
Select Reboot Now
Have you installed this ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.