Install Lightning Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat
The Lightning Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Custom ROM is a stable and reliable ROM that is a mixture of the Stock Kit-Kat ROM of Samsung, the Paranoid ROM, and the OmniROM and contains essential capabilities such as the following:
- OTA update support
- Floating window
- Pie control
- Sound enhancement through Dolby
- Multiwindow support.
Stock ROM vs Custom ROM
Many users are probably wary of updating their devices to a Custom ROM. For those who are not so familiar with the differences, here’s a quick explanation why a Custom ROM is beneficial for you and for your device:
Official and Stock ROMs provided by developers take into consideration the three things that users want for their devices: aesthetics, features, and performance. But by addressing all these three, the ROM itself may bring lags other issues to the device. Custom ROMs, on the other hand, allow you to take preference on aesthetics or performance or features, thus giving a much improved performance and customization options for the user.
Pre-installation checklist and reminders
This article provides a step by step guide on how to install the Lightning Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat ROM for users of the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Since this is only a Custom ROM, take note of the following important instructions before proceeding with the installation:
- This tutorial can only be used for the device Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Install the latest Custom Recovery. For those with an old CWM or TWRP Recovery, make sure that you upgrade it to the most recent version released. Otherwise, you may brick your device during the installation process.
- Root access for your Galaxy Note N7000
- Download Lightning Android 4.4 Kit-Kat ROM here
- Download Google Apps
- Download Samsung USB drivers
- Ensure that your remaining battery percentage is at least 85 percent
- Allow USB debugging mode on your device. To do this, go to Settings menu, then click Developers Option and check USB debugging.
- Have a back up of important data including your messages, contacts, and call logs. This will prevent the unwanted loss of data in case of any issue during the installation process.
- Also have a back up of the EFS data of your device.
Reminders before proceeding:
- The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs, and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsibl;e and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 will be detected by Samsung Kies after the installation.
- ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery is not advisable for this installation. This installation guide only supports the most recent versions of CWM Touch Recovery and TWRP Recovery.
How to install Lightning Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat on a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to your computer or laptop
- Copy the zip files on the root of your device’s SD card.
- Remove the cable connecting your phone to your computer or laptop
- Shut down your Galaxy Note N7000
- Simultaneously click the home, power, and volume up buttons until a text appears on your screen to open Recovery Mode.
For users of CWM / PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
- Click ‘Wipe Cache Partition’
- Go to Advanced Menu and select ‘Wipe Devlik Cache’
- Click ‘Wipe Data / Factory Reset’
- Go to ‘Install Zip’. This will reveal a new window.
- Go to ‘Options’ and press ‘Choose Zip from /sdcard’
- Look for the zip file ‘Android 4.4.2 Lightning ROM’ and allow the installation to continue
- Once the installation has been successfully completed, flash Google Apps and choose ‘Go Back’
- Restart the system by clicking ‘Reboot System Now’
For users of TWRP Recovery
- Click Wipe
- Choose Cache, System, Data
- Slide the confirmation slider
- Return to the main menu and click ‘Install’
- Look for Google Apps and Android 4.4.2 Lightning ROM
- Slide the confirmation slider to begin the installation
- Restart the system by clicking ‘Reboot Now’
How to solve the Signature Verification Error in CWM / PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery:
- Open the Recovery
- Click ‘Install zip’
- Choose ‘Toggle Signature Verification’
- Click the Power button of your device and verify if it is disabled. If not, disable it.
- Install the zip file
That’s it! At this point, you have now successfully installed the Lightning Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat ROM! Restart your device and wait for at least five minutes before going to the Settings menu and clicking About to in order to check if your ROM has really been upgraded.
Has the process been hassle-free for you?
Share your experience and ask through the comments section if you have further inquiries!