Install Heisenberg AOKP Custom ROM
If you are looking for a way to improve you Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900, we have a great custom ROM for you. The AOKP Custom ROM is based on Android 4.4.3 KitKat and is fast and stable and gives you great battery life.
Follow our guide below to get Android 4.4.3 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 using AOKP Custom ROM.
This is not an official release from Samsung, so you’re going to need to install a custom recovery and root your device. Other things you need to do to prepare your phone are:
- Have a well charged battery with 60-80 percent power.
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have a back up of your devices EFS Data.
- Check that you have an SM-N900. Go to Settings>About.
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Download USB driver for HTC devices
- Unlock your bootloader
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible
How To Install.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Copy and Paste the two files you downloaded above to the root of your phone’s Sdcard.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC.
- Turn your phone off.
- Open your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons until you see text on-screen.
If you have CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Use recovery to back up your ROM.
- To do so go to Back-up and Restore on the next screen. Choose Back-up
- Return to Main Screen after Back-up is done.
- Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Go to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go to ‘Install zip from sd card’. You should see another window open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from Options.
- Select the Heisenberg.zip file and confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the Installationis Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps.
- When Installationis Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select RebootNow
If you have TWRP.
- Tap Wipe Buttonand choose Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Go to Main Menuand Tap Install Button.
- Locate zip, Google Apps and Swipe the Sliderto install them.
- When Installationis Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select RebootNow to Reboot the System.
How to: Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Go to install zip from Sdcard
- Go to Toggle Signature Verificationand Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
Have you installed Android 4.4.3 KitKat Custom ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.