Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Running
Sony is releasing a new minor update with build number 14.6.A.1.236 for their Xperia Z1 Compact. This update has a few minor bug fixes but, if you flash the on your phone, you will find that your device will revert to stock and if you had root access you are going to lose it.
In this post we are going to show you how to gain or regain root access on a Xperia Z1 Compact after this latest update. We will also show you how to install CWM/TWRP on it. We will be using a pre-rooted firmware that already has a dual recovery installed.
Prepare your phone
- The methods we use here will only work with a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503. If you use this guide with another device you could brick the device. Check the device’s model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge the device’s battery to at least over 60 percent. This is to prevent you from running out of power before the process is done.
- Back up important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up any important media files by copying them to a PC or Laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Rooting And Installing Recovery On A Xperia Z1 Compact Running 14.6.A.1.236 Firmware
- Downgrade to .108 Firmware and root device
- . If you have already upgraded your device to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, the first thing that you will need to do is downgrade your device. Your device needs to be running KitKat OS and be rooted
- Install .108 firmware.
- Install XZ Dual Recovery.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Download the latest installer for Xperia Z1 Compact (Z1 Compact-lockeddualrecovery2.8.X-RELEASE.installer.zip)
- Connect your device to a PC with a OEM date cable.
- Run install.bat.
- Wait for custom recovery to be installed.
2. Make A Pre-Rooted Flashable Firmware For .236 FTF
- Download6.A.0.236 FTF . Place it anywhere on your PC.
- Create a Sony Xperia Pre-rooted firmware file with PRF creator, or you can download ready-made pre-rooted firmware here:
- D5503 14.6.A.1.216 Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip
- Copy prerooted firmware file you created/downloaded to internal storage of your device.
- Root and Install Recovery
- Turn device off.
- Turn it back on
- Press the volume up or down keys repeatedly to bring you to custom recovery.
- Click install and find the pre-rooted flashable firmware file.
- Tap on file to install it.
- Reboot device and check that you have Super Su in the app drawer. You can also verify that you have root access by going to the Google Play Store and installing the Root Checker app.
Have you rooted and installed custom recovery on your Xperia Z1 Compact?
Share your experience in the comments box below.