Root Galaxy Note 5 N920S, N920K & N920L : The fifth version of Samsung’s Galaxy Note series was released in August of 2015. The Galaxy Note 5 is a great..
How to Root Galaxy Note 5 N920S, N920K & N920L
The fifth version of Samsung’s Galaxy Note series was released in August of 2015. The Galaxy Note 5 is a great device that runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It has been released in different model numbers: N920I, N920C, N920K, N920S and N920L. There are other variants launched as well coming under the umbrella of different carriers. Nevertheless, on this site a detailed step-by-step procedure on how to Root Galaxy Note 5 N920S, N920K & N920L will be tackled.
If you want to unleash the true potential of you Galaxy Note 5 Android device, you need to root it and flash a custom recovery. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install a CWM (Philz Advanced CWM) and flash SuperSu for you to Root Galaxy Note 5 N920K, N920L and N920S.
Before we begin, we would like to remind you of the following:
- This guide will only work with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920K, N920L and N920S. Don’t use it with any other device.
- Charge your phone with at least 50 percent of its battery life.
- You need an original data cable to establish a connection between your PC and your phone.
- Back up all your important data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone can result in breaking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. We or the device manufacturers would not be held responsible, in case a mishap occurs.
Now, download the following files:
- Download and extract 10.6 onto the PC.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Save Philz Advanced CWM.tar on your PC desktop.
- Copy the file to phone’s SD Card here for zip.
- Copy Arter97 Kernel.zip file to your phone’s SD card here
Install Philz Advanced CWM And Root Galaxy Note 5 N920S, N920K & N920L
- Open Odin 3.10.6 on your PC.
- Put Note 5 into download mode. First, turn it off completely then turn it back on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home and power button. When phone boots up, press volume up key to continue.
- Use data cable to connect the phone and PC. If you have connected it properly, the ID:COM box located on the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue.
- Click the AP tab. Select the downloaded Philz Advanced CWM.tar file. Wait a few seconds for Odin to load the file.
- Make sure that the Auto-reboot option is ticked. Leave all other options you see in Odin as is.
- Clicking Odin’s start button to flash the recovery.
- When you see a green light on the process box located above the ID:COM box, the flashing process is done.
- Disconnect device and let it reboot.
- Turn the device off properly then boot the into recovery mode by turning it on by pressing and holding down the volume, home and power buttons.
- Your device should now boot into recovery mode. It should be the CWM recovery that you installed.
- While in CWM recovery, select Install zip>Choose zip from SD card>Arter97 Kernel file and flash it.
- When the file is flashed, go back to Install zip>choose zip from SD card>SuperSu.zip. Flash the file as well.
- Reboot the phone using recovery.
- Check for the SuperSu in the application drawer.
- Install BusyBox from the Google Play Store.
- Download and use Root Checker from the Google Play Store to verify that your root have processed.
Have you rooted and installed a custom recovery on your Galaxy Note 5?
Share your experience in the comments box below.