The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190/N/L
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini or the Samsung Golden was their very first mini device. While Samsung will no longer be updating the Galaxy S3 Mini to higher versions of Android, flashing custom ROMs on the device can help users upgrade it.
To flash a custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, you will first need to install a custom recovery on it. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install the custom recovery known as TWRP 2.7 recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190/N/L
As we mentioned, having a custom recovery on your phone allows you to install custom roms, it will also allow you to install custom mods. A few other reasons why you might want a custom recovery on your device are:
- The ability to create a Nandroid backup.
- The ability to flash SuperSu.zip
- The ability to wipe the cache and dalvik cache
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that your device is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190/N/L. Check your device model number by going to Settings>More>About device.
- Charge your device’s battery to at least over 60 percent
- Backup your important media content, contacts, messages and call logs.
- Have an OEM data cable with which to establish a connection between the phone and a PC.
- Turn off any anti-virus software and firewalls till the installation process ends.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install TWRP 2.7 Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190:
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your phone into download mode by first turning it off completely and turning it back on by pressing and holding the volume down, home and power buttons simultaneously.
- When you see a warning, press the volume up key.
- Connect your phone and your PC.
- If you have successfully connected your phone in download mode, you will se the ID:COM box in Odin turn blue.
- If you have the Odin 3.09, click the AP tab and then select the recovery.tar file you downloaded.
- If you have the Oding 3.07, you will click the PDA tab and then select the recovery.tar file
- Let the .tar file load.
- Hit start and wait a few second for the recovery to flash. When this is through, your phone should automatically reboot.
- Press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons to access TWRP 2.7 Recovery.
- Before we move on to rooting your device, use TWRP 2.7 to make a Nandropid and EFS backup that you can save onto your PC.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini :
- Download SuperSu.zip file. and place it on your phone’s SDcard
- Open TWRP 2.7 and choose Install>SuperSu.zip
- Flash SuperSu.zip.
- Reboot the phone and you should be able to find SuperSu in its app drawer.,
Do you have a custom recovery installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini?
Share your experience in the comments box below.