Install CM 12 GApps On A Device Running
If you have CyanogenMod 12 installed and running on your device, you might find that you are now missions some apps such as G-Mail, Hangouts, Google Tasks, and sometimes even the Google Play Store. The reason these apps go missing is because the ROM package you installed does not have GApps installed. Some ROMs are like this so that they are light to download.
Some of these apps are apps that you can’t live without, like the Google Play Store. After all, without the Google Play Store, you will not get automatic updates for your apps and you won’t be able to install new apps on your device. Don’t despair though as it’s quite easy to get those missing apps on the CyanogenMod 12. All you have to do is flash CM 12 GApps. In this post, we’re going to show you how you can do that.
Prepare your device:
- You device already has to be running Cyanogen Mod 12.
- You need root access to flash GApps. If your device isn’t rooted yet, root it.
- Download CM 12 GApps here.
Install CM 12 GApps on a device running CyanogenMod 12
- Make sure you have downloaded the GApps zip file onto your PC.
- Connect your PC to your device with a USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded GApps zip to the onboard memory of your device.
- After making the transfer, disconnect your device from the PC.
- Turn your device off.
- Reboot your device into recovery mode.
- From recovery mode, find and then tap on the install option.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Go back to recovery and clean and then factory reset your devices memory.
- Reboot your Android device again.
After following all these steps, you should now find that you have successfully installed CM 12 GApps. All the Google Apps that were previously missing should now be there, including the ever important Google Play Store.
Have you installed CM 12 GApps on your device running CyanogenMod 12?
Share your experience in the comments box below.