How To: Use CM 11 Pound ROM To Install Android 4.4 On A Samsung Galaxy S2
There is no expected official update to install Android 4.4 KitKat for the Samsung Galaxy S2. Samsung stopped releasing official updates for the Galaxy S2 after the one to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This doesn’t mean, however, that Galaxy S2 will not be able to get a taste of KitKat.
Samsung Galaxy S2 users can unofficially update their device to Android 4.4 KitKat using a custom ROM called Pound ROM. In this post, were going to teach you how you can flash this ROM on a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
Prepare your phone
- The guide will only work with a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. If you try this with another device it could result in bricking the device.
- You will need to have root access and a custom recovery installed to flash this ROM. We recommend CWM recovery.
- Back up all important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up important media content by copying it to a PC.
- Charge the battery to 60 percent to prevent you from running out of power before the process is done.
- From CWM recovery, wipe the data cache and the dalvik cache.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Place the downloaded .zip file in the SD card of your phone.
- Boot into CWM recovery by following these steps:
- Turn device off.
- Turn back on by pressing and holding volume up, home and power buttons at the same time.
- In CWM: Install zip> choose zip from SD card.
- Choose the .zip file you downloaded. Click on yes to begin flashing the ROM.
- When the ROM flashed, reboot your phone.
- You should now see the new ROM’s logo on your boot. Wait a few more minutes for your device to install completely.
Have you installed Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.