The ViSiX Custom ROM
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install Android 4.4.2 on your AT&T Galaxy S5 using a custom rom called ViSiX.
ViSiX ROM is a custom rom that is based on Android 4.4.2. To install this ROM on an AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A, you are going to need to install BusyBox and gain root access on your phone first. You are also going to need to have a custom recovery and we recommend SafeStrap recovery.
Follow along with our guide below.
Prepare the phone:
- This guide is for the AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A. Do not attempt to use this guide with any other S5 carrier bounded variant. Check that you have the correct phone model for this guide going to settings>about
- Charge your battery to around 60-80 percent.
- Backup all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have a backup of your phone’s EFS data.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging
- Download USB drivers for Samsung devices.
- Root your phone.
- Install SafeStrap recovery.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- From your phone’s homescreen openSafeStrap.
- Choose Back-up Option.
- Choose,System, Data and Cache.
- Tapon Swipe to Back-up. When the Back-Up is done, press the Home button located on the left.
- ChooseWipe Option, then Advance Wipe.
- Check all the optionsexcept Micro Sd.
- TapSwipe to Wipe, when this is done, press Home button located on the bottom left.
- ChooseInstall Options and ViSiX ROM should begin installing.
- When it is done, wait for 5-minutes before attempting to do anything else on your phone.
Have you used ViSiX ROM in your phone?
Share your experience in the comments box below.