The ViperSV Custom ROM
Team Venom has developed some of the greatest ROMs we’ve seen. Their ViperSV Custom ROM can be used with a lot of devices and has a huge bundle of features and can generate a decent battery life.
HTC’s One SV doesn’t have many custom ROMs available for it, but the Viper SV is one that can be used on this device. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install the ViperSV custom ROM on a HTC One SV.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that your device is a HTC One SV. Check your model by going to Settings > About
- Make sure that your battery is well charged. It is recommended that you charge it to 60 or 80 percent.
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have a back up of your EFS data.
- Enable your devices USB debugging mode
- Download USB driver for HTC devices
- Unlock your bootloader
- Root your device
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
How to install ViperSV custom ROM:
- Download Android 4.2.2 ViperSV Rom
- Download Google Apps
- Extract ViperSV.zip file and look for a file called boot.img. this should be found in either the Kernal or Main folder in the zip file.
- Copy and paste the boot.img file into the Fastboot Folder
- Copy and paste the Zip files to your SDcard.
- Turn the phone off and then turn it on to Bootloader/Fastboot mode. Do so by pressing and holding the volume down and power buttons until you see text appear on screen
- Hold the shift key and right click anywhere in the Fastboot folder to open the command prompt.
- Type the following into the command prompt: fastboot flash boot boot.img. then press enter.
- Now, type the following into the command prompt: fastboot reboot.
- You device should reboot.
- When the reboot is through, take out the devices battery.
- Wait for 10 seconds and then put the battery back.
- Enter bootloader mode by pressing and holding down the power and volume down button until you see text on the screen
- While in bootloader, select recovery.
Now, depending on which custom recovery you have installed, follow one of the following guides.
For Devices with CWM/Philz Recovery:
- Choose Wipe Cache
- Go to Advance and choose Devilk Wipe Cache
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Go to Install Zip from SDcard. You should see another window open on your screen
- Go to options and select Choose Zip from SDcard.
- Select ViperSV.zip and confirm its installation on the next screen.
- When both files have been flashed, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Now, choose Reboot Now. Your system will reboot.
For Devices with TWRP Recovery:
- Tap on the Wipe Button then select: Cache, system, data.
- Swipe Confirmation Slider
- Now, go back to the Main Menu and tap on the Install Button
- Find the ViperSv.zip file. Install it by swiping the slider.
- When installation is done, you’re going to get a prompt to Reboot System Now.
- Reboot the system by selecting Reboot Now.
Have you used ViperSV with your HTC One SV?
Share your experience in the comments box below.