Untethered Jailbreak On A Mac OS X
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can get iOS 8.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak, if you are a Mac OS X user. You can do so by using Taig. While there is no Taig for Mac yet, you can use Taig for Windows. Just follow along with our guide.
First: Install Windows 10 Technical Preview on Mac OS X:
Step 1: Download Windows 10 Technical Preview and install on your Mac OS X.
Step 2: Download Parallels Desktop onto your Mac.
Step 3: Download Windows 10 Technical Preview VM shell
Step 4: Extract the ZIP file to~/Documents/Parallels/,
Step 5: In Parallels folder you will find the Windows 10 TP VM shell file. Double click on it and then click copied.
Step 6: Click on and select Don’t Change.
Step 7: You should now be at the Preboot eXecution Environment screen. From here, click on Action.
Step 8: Click on Stop from the menu.
Step 9: Click Actions, then Configure > Hardware > CD/DVD 1 page > Connect to: > Choose an image file.
Step 10: Go ahead with Windows installation.
Step 11: Create a user account.
Step 12: Click Actions and find Install Parallels Tools. Click on it to install.
After installing the Windows 10 Technical Preview, move on to install Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1Untethered
Jailbreak iOS 8.1.1Untethered On Mac OS X Using Taig:
- Download the Taig Jailbreak tool
- Connect your device to your PC
- Run Taig.
- Tick the first option i.e Cydia 1.1.16
- Un-tick second option i.e 3KOuEO | 1.0.0
- Click the big green button and the Jailbreak process should begin.
- Wait for the Jailbreak process to complete, when it does your device should automatically reboot.
- After your device reboots, you should see the Cydia app on your Home Screen. If you do, this means that the Jailbreak was successful.
Have you installed this on your Mac OS X?
Share your experience in the comments box below.