Use RUU To Restore To Stock Firmware
If you accidentally soft brick you phone, the best way to fix it is to flash an official ROM in your device. You also sometimes need to install or reinstall an official ROM on your phone because you might find you are not happy with a custom rom.In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can restore stock firmware to a Sprint HTC One M8 by use RUU. There are three methods you can use.
- You need to activate S-Off on your device
- Download RUU File: Link
- Enable USB Debugging mode.
- Install HTC USB Drivers
- Configure Fastbboot on your device
Installation Process # 1:
- Download and Extract RUU.zip file
- Connect HTC One M8 to PC and open a command prompt in fastboot folder.
- Type: adb reboot bootloader. This will reboot your device into bootloader mode.
- In bootloader mode, select Fastboot.
- Open a command prompt in Fastboot folder again and type: fastboot oemwritecid 11111111
- Open the extracted RUU folder
- Run ARUWIZARD.exe as administrator.
- Click update button and wait for your device to restore.
Installation Process # 2:
- Download and rename RUU.zip file to Firmware.zip file.
- Connect HTC One M8 to PC and open a command prompt in the fastboot folder.
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Select Fastboot in bootloader mode.
- When you see the Black screen appear type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
- When installation is done, type: fastboot reboot. Your device should reboot.
Installation Process # 3:
- Using a card reader, format MicroSD card to FAT32
- Rename RUU file to 0P6BIMG.zip.
- Copy 0P6BIMG.zip to sdcard.
- In bootloader mode, highlight the HBOOT option and select it.
- Your device should automatically detect RUU file and start installation.
- Reboot your device.
Have you use RUU to restore your Sprint HTC One M8 to Stock Firmware?
Share your experience in the comments box below.