OmniROM Custom ROM To Update A Note 2 N7100
There are some Android devices that don’t have an official update to Android Lollipop yet. One of these is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
If you are a Galaxy Note 2 N7100 user and you want to get a taste of Android 5.0 Lollipop, we have a way you can do so. It involves flashing a custom ROM, OmniROM on your device. Follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that you have a Galaxy Note 2 N7100 using this guide and the ROM in it on another device will brick the phone.
- You need root access, so if you haven’t rooted your device, do so.
- Have a custom recovery installed You can get CWM here and TWRP here.
- Download OmniROM Download.
- Download GApps. Download.
- Charge battery so it has up to 60 percent
- Backup SMS messages, contacts, call logs and any important media files.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Connect your device to a PC.
- Transfer the OmniROM and GApps zip files to the internal memory of your device.
- Disconnect the device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot it into custom recovery.
- From custom recovery, wipe the cache and dalvik cache.
- Perform a factory data reset.
- Select the install option.
- Install>Choose Zip from SD card. Choose the OmniROM file and press yes. The ROM will flash on your device.
- Repeat the above step but this time choose the GApps file.
- When both files have been successfully flashed on your device, reboot it.
Have you flashed this ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.