Update Huawei Ascend P6 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The Huawei Ascend P6 has had official updates up to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, but if for some reason, you don’t want to get the official update the Omni ROM is an alternative.
The Omni ROM is a well-known operating system and it is now available for the Huawei Ascend P6. This ROM has a lot of good features and is also stable and can be kept for day-to-day use.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat on a Huawei Ascend P6.
Prepare your Phone:
- This guide is only for the Huawei Ascend P6. Check that your device’s model number is correct by going to Settings>General>About device.
- Your device already has KitKat based TWRP 2.7 Recovery installed on it.
- Your battery has 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have Nandroid back up of your current ROM made.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for your important apps.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we ore the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Omni ROM.Zip here
- Gapps.zip for Omni ROM
Install Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Huawei Ascend P6:
- Copy zip files you downloaded to phone’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into TWRP Recovery by turning it off then turning it on. When you see the Red LED, press the Volume Up or Down key a few times, you should then see the TWRP Recovery interface.
- When in TWRP, tap “Install > locate the Omni ROM.zip file > Install it”.
- When TWRP installation is complete, go back and “Install > locate the Gapps.zip file > Install it”.
- After both the .zip files have been installed, reboot.
- You should now see the Omni ROM on your device’s screen.
The first boot could take up to 10 minutes, if it is taking long, try booting into TWRP and then wiping cache and dalvik cache before rebooting.
Do you have Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Huawei Ascend P6?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.