MultiROM v28 To Install Multiple ROMs On A HTC One M8
The MultiROM v28 has just been released and it allows you to install multiple ROMs on a single device. One of the devices that this can be used on is HTC’s latest flagship, the HTC One M8 and in this guide, we’re going to show you how you can install it.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that you have the appropriate device. This guide will only work with a HTC One M8. Check your device:
- Settings>About Device
- Charge battery to at least 60 percent. This will prevent you losing power before the process ends.’
- Have a custom recovery installed. Use it to create a Backup Nandroid.
- Back up all important contacts, SMS messages, and call logs.
- Back up important media by copying the files manually to a PC or laptop.
- Back up EFS Data
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up your apps.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Configure Fastboot and ADB drivers on your computer.
- Copy and paste theimg and boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Turn your phone off and open it inBootloader/Fastboot mode. Press and hold the volume down and power buttons until some text appears on screen.
- Open A Command prompt in your Fastboot Folder by holding down the Shift Key and right clicking anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Type the following command: fastbootflash recovery img
- Press Enter.
- Type the following command: fastboot reboot.
- Press Enter, your device should reboot.
- After reboot, take out battery and wait for 10 seconds.
- Put the battery back in
- Enterbootloader mode and open a command prompt again.
- Type:fastboot flash boot img. Press Enter.
- Type:fastboot reboot. Press Enter
- Wait till it is properly booted up and then go back toBootloader mode and choose Recovery.
- Tap Back-Up
- SelectSystem and Data
- Swipe Confirmation Slider
- Tap Wipe Button
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Go to Main Menu
- Tap Install Button.
- Locate theMulti-ROM.zip
- Swipe the Sliderto install.
- When Installationis Over, you will be promoted to Reboot SystemNow
- Select RebootNow
- System will reboot
Have you installed MultiROM v28 on your HTC One M8?
Share your experience in the comments box below.