The Galaxy S6 Edge is the secondary flagship of Samsung for this year. It was released alongside their primary flagship, the Galaxy S6. They two have similar hardware and specs. The Galaxy S6 Edge G925F originally came running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out for the box.
If you are an Android power user and want to take your Galaxy S6 Edge beyond manufacturers specifications, you must be looking for a good way to gain root access on your device. A good way we have found is to use the CF-Auto root tool. In this post, were going to show you how you can use this tool to root a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. Follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide should only be used with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. If this is not your device, look for another guide.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Backup the device’s EFS.
- Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
- Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device the Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. Rooting your device when using “CF-Auto Root” will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- CF-Auto Root: Link
- Download and install Odin3 v3.10.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- First, wipe your device completely so you get a clean installation.
- Open Odin
- Put your device into download mode by following these steps:
- Turn it off and wait 10 seconds
- Turn it on by pressing and holding down the volume down, home, and power buttons.
- When you see a warning, press the volume up button.
- Connect your device and the PC. Odin should automatically detect your phone.
- When Odin detects your phone, you will see the ID:COM box turn blue.
- Hit the AP tab then select the CF Autoroot zip file that you downloaded.
- Check that the options in your Odin match the ones on the photo below.
- Hit start.
- When flashing is finished, you device should restart. Remove it from your PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot completely.
Have you used CF-Auto Root to root your device Galaxy S6 Edge G925F ?
Share your experience in the comments box below.