The T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T
The T-Mobile Galaxy S5 G900T is a version of Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S5 that is carrier locked to T-Mobile. In this post, we’re going to show you how you can get root access on this device by using CF- Auto Root.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings> About
- Charge the battery to at least over 60-80 percent. This will prevent you from losing power before the process ends.
- Back up all your important contacts, SMS messages, and call logs.
- Have a back up of your Mobile EFS Data.
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Download USB drivers for Samsung Devices
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Download CF-Auro Root Package
- Download Odin
- Turn phone off then turn back on by pressing the power, volume down and home buttons. When you see text on-screen, press volume up.
- Open Odin and connect your device to a PC.
- If you successfully connected your device to the PC, you will see the Odin port turn yellow and a COM port number will appear.
- Click the PDA tab and then select file: “CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.tar.md5”
- Click start button and installation will begin.
- When installation is done, your device should restart automatically. When you see the Home Screen and a Pass message on Odin, you can disconnect your device from the PC.
If you get a Fail message after installation
This could mean that recovery has been installed but your device is not rooted.
- Go to Recovery by removing the battery out and putting it back in after waiting about 3-4 seconds.
- Press and hold down on the power, volume up and home buttons until you get Recovery mode.
- From recovery mode, the rest of the process should automatically start and SuperSu will begin installation on your device.
If you get stuck in a bootloop after installation
- Go to Recovery
- Go to Advance and choose to Wipe Devlik Cache
- Choose Wipe Cache
- Choose Reboot System Now
Have you rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900T?
Share your experience in the comments box below.