Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Update
Omega ROM is a great custom ROM to use with Galaxy Devices. It is stable and is even a bit faster and smoother then official ROMS.
The Omega ROM comes with the Omega Droid app which will update you with the news and updates on Omega ROM. It also has Omega Files which will let you install extra apps from Omega on your device.
In this guide, we’re going to be showing you how you can use Omega ROM with a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. We will be using Omega ROM v1.2 which is based on Android 4.2.2.
Prepare your phone
- This guide will only work with a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Check you have the proper device model by going to Settings>About
- Charge your battery so you have 60-80 percent/
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Back up your mobiles EFS Data.
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging mode.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung devices.
- Root your device.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Download Android 4.4.2 Omega ROM: Link
- Connect your device to a PC.
- Copy and paste the file downloaded in step 1 to the root of your device’s SDcard
- Disconnect your device and the PC.
- Turn off your device.
- Turn device back on by opening it in recovery mode. To do so, press and hold down the volume up, home and power buttons until you see text on screen.
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Navigate to ‘advance’ and ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- ‘Install zip from sd card’. You should see another window open
- In options, ‘choose zip from sd card’
- Select Omega ROM V1.2.zip file
- Confirm installation on next screen.
- When Installationis Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- RebootNow to Reboot the System.
For TWRP Users.
- Tap Wipe Button
- Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Go to Main Menu
- Tap Install Button.
- Locate Omega ROM V1.2
- Swipe the Sliderto install.
- When Installationis Over, Reboot System Now
Fix Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Go to install zip from Sdcard
- Go to Toggle Signature Verification
- Press Power Button to see if it is disabled or not. If not, disable it
- Install the Zip
Have you installed Omega ROM V1.2 Custom ROM?
Share your experience in the comment box below.