The Motorola Moto G Google Play
Google and Motorola have partnered on some very nice Android mobile devices, including the original Moto G. Recently, both Google and Motorola have announced that they are updating to Android 5.1 Lollipop all of their second-generation versions of their already existing variants. This includes the Motorola Moto G2 or the Moto G Google Play Edition.
The build number of the update for the Moto G Google Play is LMY4M. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can get this update on your device.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure that your device is a Motorola Moto G Google Play and that it is running stock Android 4.4.x
- Make sure that you have a PC that has proper read/write permissions for your device.
- Have the latest mobile drivers available for the Motorola Moto G.
- Have a USB Data Cable that you can use to connect your PC to your Motorola Moto G and transfer the update file.
- Have a backup of everything that you believe is important.
Install Android 5.1 Lollipop On Motorola Moto G
- Download the update, you can find it here.
- Use your USB Data Cable to connect the Motorola Moto G to your PC.
- Copy and transfer the file that downloaded in the first step to the device’s onboard memory.
- Power off your Motorola Moto G
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding down the volume up, volume down and power buttons at the same time. When in bootloader, you can navigate by using the volume key and make a selection by using the power button.
- Select Recovery Mode.
- You will be presented with a bunch of options, choose the ‘Select Update.ZIP file’.
- Find the file you downloaded in step 1. Select and install it.
- Wait for installation to finish. This could take about five minutes.
Have you installed Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Motorola Moto G?
Share your experience in the comments box below.