Update To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.726
Sony began releasing an update to Android 5.0.2 for their Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact a couple of days ago. The previous update had some performance issues and the close all button for apps was missing. This newest update brings the close all button back and fixes some performance issues as well.
The update has begun rolling out in some regions. If it hasn’t reached your region yet, you can either wait or manually flash the update. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can manually update the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build number 23.1.A.0.726.
Prepare your phone:
- Only use this guide for Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 /D5833. If you use this with other device’s, you could brick them. Make sure you have the right device by going to Settings>About Device, and checking your model number there.
- Charge device battery to least over 60 percent so you don’t run out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If you have root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and important content.
- If you have custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times then go back to Settings. Developer options should be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Have an original OEM data cable on hand to make a connection between the device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.726FTF
Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.726 Firmware
- Copy downloaded file and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner of Flashtool, you will see a smalllightening button. Hit the button and choose
- Selectfile placed in the Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preping for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to connect the device to your computer, do so by turning it off and pressing the volume down. Keeping the volume down key pressed, use the data cable to connect your device and the PC.
- When the device is detected in Flashmode, firmware will begin flashing. Keep volume down key pressed until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of volume down key, disconnect device from computer and reboot device.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.