The Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact D5803
Sony has begun releasing an update to Android 5.0.2 for the Xperia Z line. The update has a new UI designed in line with Google’s Material Design. Apps have also been enhanced to be compatible with this update OC. The update brings improvements to battery life and performance. New lock screen notifications as well as guest and multi-user modes also come with this update.
The update for the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 has begun rolling out in some regions. If it hasn’t reached your region yet, you can either wait or flash the update manually. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can manually update the Sony Xperia Z3 compact to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop build number 23.1.A.0.690.
Prepare your phone:
- Only use this guide with the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. If you use this with another device, you could brick it. Make sure you have the right device by going to Settings>About Device, and looking for your model number there.
- Charge device so its battery is at least over 60 percent. This is to make sure you don’t run out of power before the flashing process completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If your device has root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and important content.
- If you have custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not in settings, go to About Device and look for your Build Number. Tap build number seven times and then go back to Settings. Developer options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Have your original OEM data cable on hand to make the connection between your device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690FTF file for Xperia Z3 Compact D5803[Generic/Unbranded] Link 1 | Link 2
Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Copy file you downloaded and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see smalllightening button. Hit it and then select
- Selectfile placed in the Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to connect the device to your computer, do so by turning it off and pressing the volume down. Keeping the volume down key pressed, use the data cable to connect your device and the PC.
- When the device is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically begin flashing. Keep the volume down key pressed until the process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of volume down key, disconnect device from computer and reboot device.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.