Update To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Sony has begun releasing an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with build number 23.1.A.0.690 for the Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet is a sibling of their Xperia Z2 that was released in 2014. As it is a tablet, it is bigger with a 10.1 inch screen and 224 ppi. This table initially ran on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The update to Android Lollipop is currently rolling out to some regions. If you are not in those regions and just can’t wait for it to reach you, you can flash this update manually.
Follow along with our guide below to manually flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with build number 23.1.A.0.690 on the Xperia Z2 Tablet SGP 511/512/521.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for the Xperia Z2 Tablet SGP 511/512/521, using it with another device could brick it. Make sure you have the right device by going to Settings>About Device and looking for your model number there.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent. This is to make sure you don’t run out of power before flashing process completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If you have root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and any other important content.
- If you have custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. To do so, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t find developer options in settings, go to About Device first. In About Device, you should see your Build Number. To enable developer options, tap the build number seven times.
- Make sure that you have already installed and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z2 Tablet
- Have a original OEM data cable on hand. You will need it to make the connection between your device and your PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690FTF file for your device:
Update Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Copy downloaded file and paste to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner, you will see a smalllightening button, hit it and select
- Selectfile placed in the Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want to wipe. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded you will be prompted to attach the phone to your computer, do so by first turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while you plug the data cable in.
- When phone is detected, firmware will automatically begin flashing. NOTE: Keep pressing the volume down key until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, plug cable out and reboot the device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z2 Tablet?
Share your experience in the comments box below.