Update To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
Sony has now begun releasing an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Xperia Z2.
The update includes a new UI that is in line with Google’s Material Design. It includes new notifications for the lock screen and new modes for users and guests. The update includes an enhancement to battery life and performance.
This update is currently rolling out in the Baltic and Nordic regions for the D6503 variant of the Xperia Z2. If you are not in those regions and just can’t wait for it to reach you, you can flash this update manually.
Follow along with our guide below to manually flash and install official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware with build number 23.1.A.0.690 on the Sony Xperia D6503.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM we are going to flash is only for the Sony Xperia D6503. If you use this with another device, you could brick it. To make sure you have the right device, go to Settings>About Device, you will see your model number there.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent to make sure you don’t run out of power before the flashing process completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If you have root access on your device, use Titanium Backup for your system data, apps and any other important content.
- If you have a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Make sure you enable your device’s USB debugging mode. To do so, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t find developer options in settings, go to About Device first. In About Device, you should see your Build Number. To enable developer options, tap the build number seven times.
- Make sure that you have already installed and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z2
- Have your device’s original OEM data cable on hand. You will need it to make the connection between your device and your PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690FTF file for the Xperia Z2 D6503[Generic/Unbranded] Link 1 | Link 2
Update Sony Xperia Z2 D6503 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Copy the downloaded file and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner, you should see smalllightening button. Hit the button and then select
- Selectfile you placed in the Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from the right side,select what you want to wipe. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded you will be prompted to attach the phone to your computer, do so by first turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while you plug the data cable in.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will automatically begin flashing. NOTE: Keep the volume down key pressed until the process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, plug cable out and reboot the device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.