The Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005
Sony recently updated the single SIM variants of their Xperia M Dual to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on build number 15.4.A.1.9, they followed this up with an update for the dual SIM variants of the Xperia M. The update for the dual SIM variant is based on build number 15.5.A.1.5 and it fixes a few small bugs, enhances the device’s stability and performance, and improves the battery life.
The updates are region dependant and, if it has not reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, we have a method by which you can flash the update manually. Follow along with our guide and update Sony Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005 to latest stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware based on 15.5.A.1.5.
Prepare your phone:
- The firmware in this guide is for use with the Xperia M Dual C2004/C2005. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>About Device
- Make sure your device is running Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed on your device.
- When Sony Flashtool is installed, open the Flashtool folder in the drive where you installed it. Go to Flashtool>Drivers> Flashtool-drivers.exe and install the Flashtool, Fastboot & Xperia M drivers
- Have your phone’s battery charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Enable your devices USB debugging mode. Do so by either of the two following methods:
- Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging
- Settings >About device>Build number, tap the build number 7 times.
- Your device needs to be rooted.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, and SMS messages.
- Backup your important media content manually by copying it to your PC.
- Have an OEM data cable that can establish a connection between the phone and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.5.A.1.5 on Xperia M Dual C2004/2005:
- Download latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 5.A.1.5 FTF file. Make sure the file you download is the appropriate one for your device model
- Extract downloaded rar file and you will get the ftf.
- Copy file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Openexe .
- You should see a small lightening button on the top left corner. Hit is and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware filethat was placed in Firmware folder.
- Select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all the wipes are recommended, however you may select if you do not want.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing. This could take a while to load.
- When the firmware has loaded, you will be prompted to attach the phone. Do so by first turning it off. While the phone is off, press the volume down key and keep it pressed while you plug in the data cable
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode,the firmware should start flashing. Remember to keep the volume down key pressed the entire time till the process is completed.
- When you see“Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”let go of the volume down key, pull the cable out and reboot.
Have you installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia M C2004/C2005?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.