Update To Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware Sony’s Xperia Z2
Sony has begun to roll out an update to Android Lollipop for the Xperia Z2 D6502. This new update is to Android 5.0.2 with build number 23.1.A.0.690.
The update is currently being rolled out to different regions and if it hasn’t reached your region yet, you have two choices. The first would be to wait for it to reach your region and arrive in OTA or Sony PC Companion. The second is to flash it manually with Sony Flashtool.
In this guide, we are going to show you how you can manually flash Android 5.0.2 with build number 23.1.A.0.690 on the Xperia Z2 D6502.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia Z2 D6502. Using if with another device, could brick it. Check your device by going to Settings>About Device, and looking for your model number.
- Charge device so battery is at least over 60 percent so you don’t run out of power before flashing process completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If your device is rooted, you should use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and important content.
- If you have custom recovery installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not in settings, go to About Device and look for your Build Number. Tap build number seven times and then go back to Settings.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z2
- Have original OEM data cable on hand to make connection between device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690FTF file for Xperia Z2 D6502 [Generic/Unbranded] Link 1 |
Update Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Copy and paste downloaded file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On Flashtool’s top left corner you should see a smalllightening button. Hit it and select
- Selectfile that was placed in Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK. Firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, connect the device to your computer by turning it off and pressing the volume down. Keeping the volume down key pressed, connect your device and the PC with your data cable.
- When device is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically start flashing. Keep volume down key pressed until process finishes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, disconnect device from computer and reboot.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.