Update To Android 4.4.2 XXUCNH5 Kit-Kat Official Firmware
Samsung frequently releases mini versions of their flagship devices. In the case of the Galaxy S4, they released the Galaxy S4 Mini. The Galaxy S4 Mini was released with an international variant and an LTE variant.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to update the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 XXUCNH5 Kit-Kat Official Firmware.
Prepare your phone
- This guide will only work with the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. Check you have the proper device model by going to Settings> About
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Have a back up of your phone’s EFS data.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled.
- Download USB Driver for Samsung Devices.
- Make a back up of all your apps.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Odin3 v3.10.
- Download Android 4.4.2 I9195XXUCNH5. Make sure the version you download is for the Galaxy S4 Mini
- Turn your phone off and then turn it back on by pressing the power, volume down and home buttons. When you see text appear on screen, press the volume up buttons. This will open your phone in download mode.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to your PC.
- If you have successfully connected your phone and your PC, you should see the Odin port turn yellow and a com port number will appear.
- Click the PDA tab on Odin. Select the file that is the biggest in size.
- Check the options Auto reboot and F.Reset.
- Click the start button and installation should begin.
- Wait for installation to finish. Your phone should automatically restart.
- When you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable connecting your phone and the PC.
Have you installed Android 4.4.2 XXUCNH5 Kit-Kat Firmware on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.