Android 5.0.2 Firmware FTF A Sony Xperia Z3 D6603
The Sony Xperia Z3 initially received an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop under the build number .690. The first released was buggy and their quickly released Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with build number 23.1.A.0.726 for Xperia Z3 D6603. This update should fix some problems users were experiencing with the battery and some FCs.
The new firmware is not yet available in all countries and if it hasn’t reached your region and you just can’t wait, you should consider updating your device manually. In this guide, we show you how to do so.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM we are going to flash are only for the Xperia Z3 D6603. Using it with another device could brick the device. Make sure that you have the correct device model by going to Settings >About Device.
- Charge you battery to at least over 60 percent to make sure your device does not go dead in the middle of the flashing process.
- Back up everything to be on the safe side. Back up your important SMS messages, contacts, and call logs. Back up important media by copying them manually to a PC or laptop.
- If you have rooted your device, you can and should use Titanium Backup to create a backup of your system data, apps and any other important content.
- If you have a custom recovery installed, you can and should create a Backup Nandroid.
- Make sure that you enable USB debugging mode. Do so by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t have developer options is settings, what you need to do is go to Settings>About Device. In About Device, you should see your build number. Tap your build number seven times. When you go back to settings, you should now see developer options
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and setup. After installation, open Flashtool<Drivers>Flashtool drivers.exe and then install Flashtool, Fastboot and the Xperia Z3 drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to establish a connection between your phone and your PC.
Install 23.1.A.0.726 FTF On Xperia Z3 D6603
- Download latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.726 FTF This is the link to get the ftf file for D6603 23.1.A.0.726 firmware.
- Copy file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- You should see a small lightening button at the top left corner, hit it and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file that was placed in Firmware folder in step 2.
- Select what you want to wipe. We recommend that you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach the phone to your PC> Do so by turning your phone off and keeping the volume down pressed while plugging in the data cable.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will begin flashing. IMPORTANT: Keep the volume down key pressed until flashing finishes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, unplug the cable and reboot your phone.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 D6603?
Share your experience in the comments box below.