Lollipop Firmware A Sony Xperia Z3 Dual D6633
The Xperia Z3 dual is one of the variants of Sony’s flagship Xperia Z3. The Z3 dual is designed to be able to support dual SIM standby. The model number of the Xperia Z3 dual is D6633.
Like the other variants of the Xperia Z3, the Xperia Z3 Dual has been officially upated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The build number for this firmware is 23.1.1.E.0.1. This update will be available via OTA in all the different regions. However, if it has not reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, you can install it manually using flashtool. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can do just that.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and ROM is only for the Xperia Z3 Dual D6633. Using it with another device could brick the device. Check that you have the correct device model by going to Settings >About Device.
- Charge the battery to at least over 60 percent. This is to make sure your device does not go dead before the flashing process ends.
- Back up everything. Back up your important SMS messages, contacts, and call logs. Back up important media by copying them manually to a PC or laptop.
- If you have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to create a backup of your system data, apps and any other important content.
- If you have a custom recovery installed, create a Backup Nandroid.
- Make sure that you enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t see developer options, go to Settings>About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times. When you go back to settings, you should now see developer options
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and setup. After installation, open Flashtool<Drivers>Flashtool drivers.exe and then install Flashtool, Fastboot and the Xperia Z3 drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to establish a connection between your phone and your PC.
Install 23.1.1.E.0.1 FTF on Xperia Z3 Dual D6633
- Download the latestfirmware
- Copy and paste the file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- Hit the small lightening button found at the top left corner. Select Flashmode.
- Select the file you placed in the Firmware folder in step 2.
- Choose what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log are recommended.
- Click OK to prepare firmware for flashing..
- When the the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attachthe phone and the PC. Do so by first turning the phone off and keeping the volume down key pressed while you plug in the data cable.
- Keep the volume down key pressed. You should see your phone be detected in Flashmode and the firmware start flashing. Keep pressing volume down until flashing ends.
- You know the process is through when you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. This is when you can let go of the volume down key, unplug your device from the computer and reboot it.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Dual?
Share your experience in the comments box below.