The Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 To Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Sony has finally started providing an upgrade to Android Lollipop for Xperia Z2 D6502 owners. The build number of this update is 23.1.A.0.690 and it provides Xperia Z2 users with Android version 5.0.2.
The update is a bit slow to rollout and is hitting the different regions one by one. If the update hasn’t come to your region and you can’t wait, you can flash it using Sony Flashtool and we’ve made a comprehensive guide that will allow you to do just that. By following this guide, you can update your Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 to the latest official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 firmware.
- Check your model number
- The method we outline in this guide can only be used for the Xperia Z2 D6502
- If you try to flash the firmware we use here in a device that it’s not for, you could brick the phone.
- To check the model number of your device, go to Settings -> About device.
- Your battery should have a charge of at least over 60 percent.
- If your battery runs out and your phone dies before the flashing process is through, it could brick the phone.
- Back up all your important data.
- SMS Messages, Call Logs, Contacts
- Media – copy files manually to a PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If the device is rooted, use this to backup apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP had been installed previously.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Tap on settings->developer options->USB debugging.
- No developer options in settings? Tap settings -> about device and tap “Build Number” 7 times
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and setup
- Go to Sony Flashtool and open Flashtool folder
- Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z2
- If you don’t find Flashtool drivers in Flashmode, skip step and install SonyPC Companion for drivers support.
- Have an OEM data cable to connect the phone and a PC or Laptop
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
How -To Update Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 Firmware
- Download latestfirmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.690 FTF here
- Copy file then paste it in the Flashtoo-l>Firmwares
- Open Flashtool.exe
- You will see a small lightening button at the top left corner. Click and then select Flashmode.
- In the firmware folder, select the FTF firmware file .
- On the right side, select what you want to wipe. It’s recommended that you wipe the Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing. This could take a while to load.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach to the PC. To do so, first, turn the phone off.
- While the phone is turned off keep the volume down key pressed and then use the data cable to connect the phone and the PC.
- The phone should be detected in Flashmode, and the firmware will begin flashing. Keep pressing down on the the Volume Down key until the process completes.
- You will see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”, then you can let go of Volume Down key
- Pull the cable out and then reboot.
If you followed all the steps above, you will find that you have successfully installed the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your own Xperia Z2.
How does your Xperia Z2 work with the new upgrade?
Share your experience in the comment section box below