Update The Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082/I9082L
Currently, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos runs on Android 4.2.2 and it doesn’t look like Samsung has an plans of bringing and Android update for it anytime soon. This means the only way to update the Grand Duos is with a custom ROM.
If you have a Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 or I9082L, we recommend that you used ComicCM ROM by XDA developer k2wl to update your devices OS to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to update the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L to Android 4.4.2 KitKat by using the CosmicCM 4.4.4 custom ROM.
Prepare your phone:
- Check that your phone can use this firmware.
- This guide and the ROM are only for use with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and GT-I9082L
- Check the model number by going to Settings -> About device.
- You need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Make sure your battery has at least over 60 percent of its charge to prevent power issues from interfering with the flashing process.
- Back everything up.
- Back up you sms messages, call logs, contacts
- If the device is already rooted, use Titanium Backup for all important apps and system data.
- If you device already has a custom recovery, create a Nandroid Backup.
- You will need to go through Data Wipes when you install this ROM, that’s why you need to have accomplished 4, 5, and 6.
- Have an EFS backup of your phone created.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Update Samsung Galaxy Grand to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with CosmicCMcustom ROM:
- Downloadthe following:
- Connect phone to PC.
- Copy both of the .zip filesto the phone’s storage.
- Disconnect phone and turn off completely.
- Boot phone into CWM:
- Turn off
- Turn back on by pressing and holding down the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- You should see recovery mode.
- While in CWM recovery, wipe the following:
- factory data reset
- advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping these three, select the “Install” option.
- Select “Install> Choose Zip from SD card > Select cm-Cosmic.zip file > Yes”.
- The ROMshould flash in your phone.
- In CWM select “Install> Choose zip from SD card > GoogleGapps.zip file > Yes”.
- Gappsshould flash in your phone.
- Reboot your phone.
- You should see CosmicCM Android 4.4.4 KitKat running
Enable Dual SIM:
- Installthe Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- Open ADB command terminal
- Enable USB debugging mode on the Galaxy Grand.
- Now connect device to your PC.
- Issue the following command in command terminal:
su setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds
After issuing the command, you should now find the option for Dual SIM in settings. Go to Settings > Multi SIM Settings.
Have you tried a custom ROM on your Galaxy Grand Duos?
Share your experience in the comment section.