Update The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
The Resurrection Remix is a well-known custom ROM that is used by a lot of people and available for a number of Android devices. The ROM can be used with the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 and can install unofficial Android 4.4.2 KitKat on it.
The Galaxy Grand Duos originally ran on Android 4.1.2 and has only been officially updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean so far. It doesn’t seem like it’s going to get updated further so if you have a Duos and want a taste of KitKat, you should consider using the Resurrection Remix ROM.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to install the Resurrection Remix ROM on the Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082.
Prepare your Phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082. Check that your device’s model number is correct by going to Settings>General>About device.
- The best results will be had if you migrate from a CM 11 based ROM, so make sure you have CM 11 installed on your device
- Have a custom recovery installed. Use it to create a Nandroid backup
- Your battery should have 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, messages, contacts and call logs.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for all your important apps and system data.
- Have an EFS backup of your phone
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we ore the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Resurrection Remix Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Connect your phone and PC.
- Copy the files you downloaded above to your phones storage.
- Disconnect your phone and then turn it off.
- Boot your phone into CWM recovery by turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons.
- In CWM recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and the dalvik cache.
- When these are wiped, select the install option
- Install>Choose Zip from SD Select Resurrection Remix.zip file > Yes
- ROM will now flash on your phone.
- When the ROM has been flashed, go back to CWM select Install > Choose zip from SD card > Google Gapps.zip file > Yes.
- Gapps will flash in your phone.
- Reboot your phone.
- You should now see Resurrection Remix ROM running on your device
You may find the first boot taking up to 10 minutes, this is normal. If it’s longer than that, try booting into CWM recovery and then wiping cache and dalvik cache before rebooting your device again. If you still have no luck, you can return to your old system by using the Nandroid backup you created.
Have you used Resurrection Remix ROM on your device?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.